Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page > Question: Turkish Airlines fares --> What booking class?

Question: Turkish Airlines fares --> What booking class?

Old Feb 5, 11, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M & M
Turkish Airlines fares --> What booking class?

I am looking into booking a flight on Turkish Airlines. I tried to find out which booking class their fares fall into but to no avail. And so I turn to the flybook.bizmunity for help. Anybody know or know how to find out what the different booking fares fall in what booking class for AP credit..

Economy Promotional
Economy Restricted
Economy Flexible

Many thanks
Old Feb 5, 11, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC E; UA 2P; SPG Gold; A3 Blue; AA Silver
Are you booking on Turkish's website? If so, at the screen when you enter the CC info, there is a link for "Fare Notes". It should open a pop-up that displays the fare rules.

On the end of the line that says "YTO-IST" there should be a bunch of letters and numbers. The first letter tells you what the fare class is.

QUOTE01
02 YTO-IST TH-14APR11 TK NUC 355.67 ELPX3M

This fare books into E class - 70% credit to Aeroplan.
Old Feb 5, 11, 3:43 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by mashlakito View Post
Anybody know or know how to find out what the different booking fares fall in what booking class for AP credit..
http://www1.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...urkishAirlines
Old Feb 6, 11, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: M & M
Originally Posted by DaveTO View Post
Are you booking on Turkish's website? If so, at the screen when you enter the CC info, there is a link for "Fare Notes". It should open a pop-up that displays the fare rules.

On the end of the line that says "YTO-IST" there should be a bunch of letters and numbers. The first letter tells you what the fare class is.

QUOTE01
02 YTO-IST TH-14APR11 TK NUC 355.67 ELPX3M

This fare books into E class - 70% credit to Aeroplan.
Thank you! I was looking at bookings through expedia (since I saw no place to enter AC FF number on Turkish airlines website) and was having a hard time finding out what the different booking fares on Turkish airlines would correspond to. But going through the website, as suggested, you can find out what the different booking classes are.

I just have to figure out how to add AP number on the website while booking.

Rejuvenated, I am well aware how to find out what the different classes on Turkish airlines collect in terms of miles. What I was more specifically referring to is what booking classes do the different fares (Economy Restricted, Economy Promotional etc.) fall into. But thanks for the link
Old Feb 6, 11, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, mostly
I wound up ringing Turkish Airlines to make sure that I booked in to the correct fare class and make sure that my AC number was entered with the booking. One word of warning, though - make sure that you insist on paying for your flight when you're on the phone with the agent. The agent I spoke with tried to tell me that the best thing to do was to go to the airport to pay and that I needed to do this within 90 minutes for the reservation to remain valid!

Also, not sure if it will be applicable to you but Turkish Airlines do *great* free tours of Istanbul if you have a long stopover at the airport. I'd go so far as to put a long stop over into your itinerary in order to get the tour - it was a small group with a great guide and Turkish Airlines covered all museum entrance fees and even threw in breakfast and a four course meal for lunch!
Old Feb 6, 11, 10:09 am
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mashlakito View Post
I am looking into booking a flight on Turkish Airlines. I tried to find out which booking class their fares fall into but to no avail. And so I turn to the flybook.bizmunity for help. Anybody know or know how to find out what the different booking fares fall in what booking class for AP credit..

Economy Promotional
Economy Restricted
Economy Flexible

Many thanks
There is no way to know in ths forum but I recommend you ask the experts in the Turkish Airline forum. Rejuvenated is right in providing you with the list of classes and the mileage that you will get. The THY forum experts may also not be able to tell you what booking classes fall into each of the above 3 categories. Yu can call THY after making your booking and give them ur AE #.

Search this Thread