FedEx drop box at LAX?

Old Apr 15, 04, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
FedEx drop box at LAX?

I'm arriving LHR-LAX and connecting to LAX-SFO, and I need to drop something into FedEx at LAX. Anyone know of a drop box there, hopefully maybe at AC or the Flagship Lounge?
Old Apr 15, 04, 7:17 pm

Unless something has changed, you are out of luck--even the post office drop boxes have been sealed up. You will need to take a cab to the nearest drop box off site and it is a pain in the as* to do so. I tried to have one of the nice lounge people take my letters/overnight packet and they said they are no longer allowed to do so becuase of liability concerns. I ended up pleading with a travlers aid person in the united terminal and they took care of it for me only becuase they took pity on me.

I can only hope that the above situation has changed since last year but until proven otherwise, do not count on mailing anything out of the LAX airport.
Old Apr 15, 04, 9:02 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, DL/UA Silver, HH DIA, Hyatt Expl, IHG PLT, Marriott/SPG GLD, Hertz PC, Amtrak Select
Supposedly the store "The Gate Escape" in the United terminal right next to the entrance to the 70-79 pier has a FedEx drop box. The only problem is that I have never seen it open, even at 4 in the afternoon on a weekday.
Old Apr 15, 04, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.1MM
Just wondering how many still have the FedEx drops still covered up. The one at JFK in T8 is still open. I used it last month. It's across from the AC hallway on the main floor.

Search this Thread