Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page > Changes to employee travel and lounge access

Changes to employee travel and lounge access

Reply

Old Jan 4, 14, 7:09 pm
#1
Original Poster

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Clinton, MS
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Posts: 482
Changes to employee travel and lounge access

Looks like employees will now be allowed to purchase access to the Admirals Club or US Airways Club. Also, there are several changes to employee travel.

https://wings.usairways.com/uswings/news/american_merger/arrivals/010214_Arrivals_outlook.pdf
adambrock is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 14, 8:23 pm
#2
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LAX/SNA
Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,886
On the whole this was a very positive announcement, but I'm curious to see how the lounge access plays out.
PainCorp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 14, 8:31 pm
#3

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cupertino, CA
Programs: AA, Marriott
Posts: 3,661
Maybe that's the real reason why AmEx Plat cardholders are losing access.
Majuki is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 14, 9:31 pm
#4

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: AUS
Programs: AA Exec Platinum, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Posts: 5,632
Interesting. I didn't know employees couldn't even purchase lounge memberships.

I hope DP is as magnanimous when it comes time to revamp the FF program.
Stripe is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 14, 9:35 pm
#5
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LAX/SNA
Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,886
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Interesting. I didn't know employees couldn't even purchase lounge memberships.

I hope DP is as magnanimous when it comes time to revamp the FF program.
US employees could, AA employees couldn't.
PainCorp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 14, 10:20 pm
#6
Fly book Evangelist

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 32,707
There are a zillion minor policies out there which need to be harmonized in any acquisition. This is just one of them.
Often1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 14, 10:28 pm
#7

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wanting First. Buying First.
Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Posts: 4,848
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Interesting. I didn't know employees couldn't even purchase lounge memberships.
Originally Posted by PainCorp View Post
US employees could, AA employees couldn't.
Except that some AA employees are given Admirals Club memberships for free.
Herb687 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 14, 10:38 pm
#8
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LAX/SNA
Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,886
Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
Except that some AA employees are given Admirals Club memberships for free.
High level executives, perhaps. The vast majority of employees, no.
PainCorp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 14, 1:46 am
#9
SPG Contributor Badge

Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum 75, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 801
Interesting that "buddies" board at D3 priority (vs D2 for employees), even when traveling with the employee. What if there isn't room for the buddy after all other D2s have boarded?

In my experience, guests boarded at the same priority as the traveling employee, as long as they were booked in the same non-rev reservation.
bj27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 14, 2:07 am
#10
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LAX/SNA
Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,886
Originally Posted by bj27 View Post
Interesting that "buddies" board at D3 priority (vs D2 for employees), even when traveling with the employee. What if there isn't room for the buddy after all other D2s have boarded?

In my experience, guests boarded at the same priority as the traveling employee, as long as they were booked in the same non-rev reservation.
Except guests on D3 can't be booked in the same PNR as those on D1/D2 priority. All guests in the same PNR need to be traveling at the same priority level.

Last edited by PainCorp; Jan 5, 14 at 2:12 am
PainCorp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 14, 8:11 am
#11
A Fly book Posting Legend

Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 40,529
While its not much of a change for us AA guys, if the US employees can do that, then I find this one of the few changes for the better so far
TrojanHorse is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 14, 11:07 am
#12
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LAX/SNA
Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,886
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
While its not much of a change for us AA guys, if the US employees can do that, then I find this one of the few changes for the better so far
Free system wide coach is a change for anyone who hasn't been with the company for 25 years. The unlimited Registered Companion and Parents is new, and a really nice change.

The big win here is keeping check in time boarding.
PainCorp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 14, 11:57 am
#13

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by PainCorp View Post
The big win here is keeping check in time boarding.
I'm actually quite surprised to hear this. My buddy works for USAirways and has me as his registered guest. We are at the crap end of seniority but still really enjoy it.

I can definitely see the benefit of now listing in the same class (No more SA4 for me) and checking in exactly at the Window, but it seems a bit unfair to those who've been here 20+ yrs.

I just love being able to check loads hours before and immediately know where I land. Especially when rerouting myself when weather/mechanical hit (way less than 24 hrs). I suppose I'll still have a feel of it, just back of the line each time now.

On the registered guest perk - be aware that currently US Airways Registered Guests get charged Imputed Income Tax. What this means is, while yes your buddy flies unlimited for 'free', you will have taxes come out of your check for what 25% of the lowest fare on that route is.

Just for reference, PHL - CLT imputed income = $97.00. Therefore $24.25 in taxes comes out of YOUR paycheck for your guest's travel.

Don't get me wrong. I love being a registered guest and really enjoy standby travel. Just make sure your 'registered guest' can afford to reimburse you the taxes coming out of your check for him/her .

Last edited by Washu234; Jan 5, 14 at 12:04 pm
Washu234 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 14, 12:15 pm
#14
Suspended

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LAX/SNA
Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,886
Originally Posted by Washu234 View Post
I can definitely see the benefit of now listing in the same class (No more SA4 for me) and checking in exactly at the Window, but it seems a bit unfair to those who've been here 20+ yrs.
I can see this argument, by my comeback to that is it isn't fair for someone to be planning to go on a flight, see they'll get on, and then have someone walk up and get on the flight at the last minute after all the planning they did.

Originally Posted by Washu234 View Post
I just love being able to check loads hours before and immediately know where I land. Especially when rerouting myself when weather/mechanical hit (way less than 24 hrs). I suppose I'll still have a feel of it, just back of the line each time now.
Why would you be back of the line? Just roll over to another flight and keep your original check in time....

Originally Posted by Washu234 View Post
On the registered guest perk - be aware that currently US Airways Registered Guests get charged Imputed Income Tax. What this means is, while yes your buddy flies unlimited for 'free', you will have taxes come out of your check for what 25% of the lowest fare on that route is.
This is nothing new, so I'm not worried about it. The way I do it is I need the reimbursement before the flight boards or I cancel your listing. I've heard too many horror stories of people never paying back their friend.
PainCorp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 14, 12:18 pm
#15

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wanting First. Buying First.
Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Posts: 4,848
Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
Except that some AA employees are given Admirals Club memberships for free.
Originally Posted by PainCorp View Post
High level executives, perhaps. The vast majority of employees, no.
Managing Directors and up.

I would not consider AA Managing Directors to be "high level" executives.
Herb687 is offline
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:10 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by flybook.biz. Copyright 2017 flybook.biz. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.