Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page > Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?

Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?

Old Oct 28, 17, 12:55 pm - Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
AA-metal flights to Europe:

AMS - PHL, DFW(s)
ATH - PHL(s)
BCN - CLT(s), JFK, MIA, ORD(s), PHL
BHX - JFK (ends Jan 6, 2017)
BUD - PHL(s) (begins May 4, 2018)
CDG - BOS(s), CLT, DFW, JFK, MIA, ORD, PHL
DUB - CLT(s), JFK, ORD(s), PHL
EDI - JFK(s)
FCO - CLT(s), JFK, ORD(s), PHL, DFW(s)
FRA - CLT, DFW, PHL
GLA - PHL(s)
LIS - PHL(s)
LHR - CLT, DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD, PHL, RDU
MAD - CLT(s), DFW, JFK, MIA, PHL
MAN - JFK, ORD, PHL
MUC - PHL
MXP - JFK, MIA
PRG - PHL(s) (begins May 4, 2018)
SNN - PHL
VCE - PHL(s)
ZRH - JFK

(s) = Seasonal route

Last update: October 28th, 2017

Thanks econometrics for putting this list together!
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 24, 15, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?

I know, that sounds like an idiotic question. So maybe I am an idiot. Or maybe AA doesn't want to provide this very basic information. It seems impossible to answer this simple question on aa.com.

I'm trying (as always) to find some use for the over 1 million AA miles I have accumulated. This is a lot more difficult than it should be.

I'm looking for a map that shows the routes American flys. Not American + BA or other airlines. Not AA and OneWorld partners. I just want to see where AA actually goes, using its own planes. This information seems to be hidden.

The "interactive route map" on aa.com is a joke.

The only place I seem to be able to find something akin to the information I'm looking for is, incredibly, wikipedia - although that just presents a list of destinations served, not a map. Sheesh! Does anyone know of an actual map that shows where AA goes?

For example, right now I'm looking at destinations served by AA (or USAir) metal in Europe. Admittedly, Europe is served pretty poorly by AA, but it really shouldn't be so hard to find out where they actually go, without having to resort to wikipedia.

As best I can tell, according to wikipedia, AA serves the following European cities:

Paris
Dusseldorf (seasonal)
Frankfurt
Dublin (seasonal)
Milan
Rome (seasonal)
Barcelona
Madrid
Zurich
London
Manchester
Birmingham (seasonal)
Edinburgh (seasonal)
Manchester

US Air goes to...
Amsterdam
Athens
Barcelona
Birmingham
Brussels
Dublin
Edinburgh
Frankfurt
Glasgow
Lisbon
Madrid
Manchester
Milan
Munich
Oslo
Paris
Rome
Stockholm
Venice
Zurich

Are these wikipedia lists accurate?

Is there really no better sources for this information?

Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 15, 3:07 am
Fly book Evangelist

Does AA still have a pdf timetable you can download?
Old Apr 24, 15, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
(facepalm)
I rest my case.
Old Apr 24, 15, 3:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Did you look at the map in the back of the American Way magazine? Can be downloaded as PDF. http://ink-live.com/emagazines/american-way
Old Apr 24, 15, 3:34 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Yes:
http://trvlink.com/download/aa/AAschedules.pdf

(facepalm)
I rest my case.
Because the suggestion of the PDF timetable download is not what you wanted, or because you didn't see it?
Old Apr 24, 15, 3:35 am
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
(facepalm)
I rest my case.
Do you own a printer [with a lot of paper]
Old Apr 24, 15, 7:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver
For that European list of cities you posted, Oslo & Stockholm are NOT served by either US/AA
Old Apr 24, 15, 8:51 am

From the AA website, click on "Plan Travel" then "Where We Fly." There's also a link on that page to US flights.

If you're trying to use miles, try the "Award Map" under "AAdvantage" then "Award Travel."
Old Apr 24, 15, 9:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ebuck View Post
From the AA website, click on "Plan Travel" then "Where We Fly." There's also a link on that page to US flights.

If you're trying to use miles, try the "Award Map" under "AAdvantage" then "Award Travel."

http://aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/where...false&from=Nav ("This application requires version 10.2.153.1 of the Flash Player be installed. If you do not have the Flash Player, or have an earlier version, please upgrade.")

aa.com: Products and Timetables (AA and oneworld PDF and apps for PC timetables

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 24, 15 at 9:59 am
Old Apr 24, 15, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GNRMatt View Post
For that European list of cities you posted, Oslo & Stockholm are NOT served by either US/AA
Thank you.
Old Apr 24, 15, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jridge View Post
Because the suggestion of the PDF timetable download is not what you wanted, or because you didn't see it?
Because, with all due respect, that's ridiculous. Honestly, I do appreciate the responses and attempts to be helpful, but seriously, to find out what cities AA flys to on their own metal, I need to parse their entire flight schedule in a 934 page PDF (tiny type, columns of coded data...)? And by the way, that schedule contains dozens of airlines, NOT just AA metal (the first few pages list Iberia, Ethiad, Qatar, and more - so it's still just as useless as the interactive online map that doesn't work).

This map simply does not work - it shows every city in the world that you can get to on AA or any partner. Unless I'm missing some function (please correct me!), there's no way to get it to only display AA destinations. Uncheck the "Add AA Partners" option, and the display does not change (at least for me) - it still displays Easter island, Marrakesh, Addis Ababa, Alice Springs, and 300 other places that I guarantee have never seen an American Airlines aircraft (excluding hijackings).

THANK YOU. This actually does seem to have some useful functionality. While it's far from perfect (it stops working for me after about 10 searches, maybe that's my browser), at least it does seem to do what it claims to do: it DOES honor the user setting (or "preference" if you prefer) to only show AA flights - unlike all other AA tools that I have tried. And it does allow searches (which honor this setting) on more than 1 day at a time. It does NOT just show a map of where AA really flys to, but it's better than the other tools I've found. This will actually be useful. Thank you for pointing me to it.

Despite my cranky sarcasm (and my contempt for how AA obfuscates things to disempower their customers), I do appreciate everyone's efforts here to help. Thank you.
Old Apr 24, 15, 11:06 am

Honestly, as another poster mentioned, the best and easiest way to see where AA actually flies its own metal to is to just look in the back of American Way.
Old Apr 24, 15, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Honestly, as another poster mentioned, the best and easiest way to see where AA actually flies its own metal to is to just look in the back of American Way.
Perhaps if you happen to be sitting on an AA plane right now, or have brought home a copy of the magazine and have one handy.

Is there an electronic version of American Way available online somewhere? If not...is that a reasonable expectation that someone goes and grabs one from a seatpocket?
Old Apr 24, 15, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jridge View Post
Did you look at the map in the back of the American Way magazine? Can be downloaded as PDF. http://ink-live.com/emagazines/american-way
jridge provided a link in a previous post!
Old Apr 24, 15, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
Perhaps if you happen to be sitting on an AA plane right now, or have brought home a copy of the magazine and have one handy.

Is there an electronic version of American Way available online somewhere? If not...is that a reasonable expectation that someone goes and grabs one from a seatpocket?
I don't know what is or is not reasonable. You asked where to find AA's destinations and we gave you an accurate answer, several actually. If what you really want to do is bring AA to its knees for its transgressions against you in not clearly posting their route network for all to see, then I guess you will need to march to Dallas and pound on their door.

Search this Thread