Go Back Fly book Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page > Public transport from LAX to Oxnard/Ventura

Public transport from LAX to Oxnard/Ventura

Old Feb 1, 12, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Public transport from LAX to Oxnard/Ventura

Hi guys, I've been doing some research on good public transportation options from LAX to Oxnard/Ventura. I know there is a shuttle service, but I'm not sure how reliable/safe it is...does anyone have any experience with it?

I looked at the Flyaway to Union Station, then taking the Amtrak. That seems a lot of traveling and lining up of timetables though, so it would probably not be my first choice.

Then of course, there's always the rental car...

Any suggestions? I should also mention that I will probably be arriving around 9pm. I appreciate the help.
Old Feb 1, 12, 9:36 am
Fly book Evangelist

I know quite a few peopel who have used:

http://venturashuttle.com/ with no problmes, however the last one leaves at 9 pm.

You could always book a rental car as back up and not use it if you arrive in time to catch the bus.

Flyaway to Union Station to Amtrak sounds like a hassle to me and you still run the risk of missing your connection.
Old Feb 1, 12, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Thanks! That's exactly the one I was looking at and it seems to be the easiest option. Glad to hear that you've known people that have taken it and not had any issues.
Old Feb 3, 12, 6:35 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Here's also a link to Roadrunner Shuttle which I've used a number of times;

http://rrshuttle.com/index.html
Old Feb 14, 12, 2:07 am

Roadrunner is my recommendation since they are 24/7 you can do ride share or get exec car or larger if needed. Their drivers are always nice.

Ventura shuttle is alright. You can make a reservation online or over the phone with a CC and if you don't make a res you can pay cash to the driver at the curb.

Alternative airports if the prices are right is fly right into Burbank and the train station is across the street.

Fly into SBA and roadrunner is available there as well. 30-45 minute drive to ventura/oxnard

Last edited by motox210; Feb 14, 12 at 2:11 am Reason: added more info
Old Feb 16, 12, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Have you tried Super Shuttle? Last time I booked them I got 500 UA miles as a bonus for booking online supershuttle.com
Old Mar 8, 12, 11:46 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, AA EXP, Kimpton IC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Shuttles are fine. Perfectly safe, reasonably comfortable. Just know that you may stop a few times on the way, especially in Thousand Oaks and Camarillo. They have gotten shockingly pricey - especially for one person - and pick up obscenely early when taking you back to the airport.

Also, the public transportation in Ventura County is...well...not much. You might still have to rent a car.
Old Oct 18, 12, 1:36 pm

need a ride?

I live in Oxnard and work @ LAX. If you need a ride you might be able to carpool with me. I'm currently working nights. Leave Oxnard area about 12pm and leave LAX around 11pm. I only ask that you share the cost of fuel or just give me some money Send me a PM to see if i'm working the day you need a ride.