Dropoff at AVIS in LAX

Old Feb 19, 08, 2:28 am

Dropoff at AVIS in LAX

Hi, I'll be dropping off a car at Avis, LAX .. does it make more sense to park (at T4) .. check in (my wife and I have 4 bags) .. and then drop off the car to the Avis site? Or just drop the car direct and wait for the bus, which would be a pain.. to head back to the terminal.

Sorry, I know it sounds like a dumb question but I haven't flown from LAX in more than 4 years, and never used airport rentals. Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 08, 6:57 am

Programs: Plat Royal Ambassador/HH Gold/MR Silver/Meliá MAS/Ivory Flying Blue/Basic Eurobonus/Avis Preferred
I have done this occasionally, drop of my partner and bags and than drop off car.
I would say it is a little less hassle but it takes a bit more of time.
Old Feb 19, 08, 11:58 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
I can't speak for LAX since I've never rented from there, but when we travel with family (ie, large amounts of luggage), I usually drop everyone (and the luggage) off right in front of the terminal. I then drop off the car & get the bus back and meet everyone inside. It's easier than parking at the terminal, in my opinion.
Old Feb 26, 08, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler View Post
I can't speak for LAX since I've never rented from there, but when we travel with family (ie, large amounts of luggage), I usually drop everyone (and the luggage) off right in front of the terminal. I then drop off the car & get the bus back and meet everyone inside. It's easier than parking at the terminal, in my opinion.
This sounds like a good idea when checking luggage, but only if you are checking few enough bags that your family is within the baggage allowance without you.
Old Feb 27, 08, 3:42 am

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Originally Posted by sigma1104 View Post
This sounds like a good idea when checking luggage, but only if you are checking few enough bags that your family is within the baggage allowance without you.
Couldn't they just wait for you, and then check in?
Old Feb 27, 08, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by THE soni View Post
Couldn't they just wait for you, and then check in?
Of course, but the extra time it takes to do a dropoff before returning the car (especially at LAX) bumps it from "good idea" to "not worth the extra time" in my opinion if the otherwise idle time isn't used to check baggage.

Search this Thread