Sale ending early?

Old Jan 10, 18, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Sale ending early?

BA's website says their sale is ending early, due to unprecedented demand. It might just be for holidays; thought I'd post this asap and then go back to check the facts

eta: their website says: "Offer extended: Save up to 100* on holiday sale prices

Due to unprecedented demand, extra savings on holidays offer now ends midnight tonight"

I can't get the holiday search to work anyway.
Old Jan 10, 18, 12:31 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ttama View Post
BA's website says their sale is ending early, due to unprecedented demand.
Where does it say that it's ending early?

As I read the website banner, the offer that's ending tonight is the 100 off. Originally, that was supposed to end yesterday, 9 January.
WorldClub likes this.
Old Jan 10, 18, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Where does it say that it's ending early?

As I read the website banner, the offer that's ending tonight is the 100 off. Originally, that was supposed to end yesterday, 9 January.
Ah, I see. So the 100 off offer was extended due to unprecedented demand, not ended early.

In that case can someone change the title to something appropriate? Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 18, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Gold (baby extension) Starbucks Gold, Hilton Gold
That reads as we were so busy we couldn’t manage all the bookings in the time given so are now allowing more time to book. Sounds like DFS/SCS.
ttama likes this.
Old Yesterday, 1:45 am
2018 Fly book Awards

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
That reads as we were so busy we couldnt manage all the bookings in the time given so are now allowing more time to book. Sounds like DFS/SCS.
Of course they were busy. Everyone had to call because booking through the website didn't work...
adrianlondon, RJD1983 and madfish like this.
Old Today, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by florens View Post
Of course they were busy. Everyone had to call because booking through the website didn't work...
hahaha. Funny. I booked my BA holiday online without issue. I did various dummy bookings, going through to the payment page, and eventually going through TopCashBack to book without issue.
Old Today, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors
I received an email with something different....

Dear Mr TPRun,

We've just added some great fares to Europe in our flash sale, so you can continue to tick those amazing places off your bucket list. Whether you want to experience new sights and cultures or simply revisit those iconic cities of old, Europe is yours to explore.

But hurry, London Heathrow offers end midnight Sunday 14 January and London Gatwick offers end midnight Tuesday 16 January, so what are you waiting for?

Fancy going further afield? We've got 100's of flights and holidays on sale across the globe until the 30 January.

Search this Thread