Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page > Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Old Sep 5, 16, 5:18 am - Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard«
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66«-Conoco«-76TM MasterCard«
Phillips 66«-Conoco«-76TM Platinum MasterCard«
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard« from Citi Cards«
Sunoco« MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 12, 12, 3:22 pm

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. I have a Citibank TYP card and recently received the new HHonors Reserve card. I tried to link the new card to my exusting account and have the same problem. Not knowing about this thread I called up citibank and the agent told me they hope (plan?) to have a single website for all cards by the end of the year (not 100% sure I heard him right).

I'm used to using the same userID for all my accounts. I hope I don't forget about this one!

Last edited by sbjnyc; Aug 12, 12 at 3:45 pm
Old Aug 12, 12, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bver100 View Post
All the information needs to be exactly the same on the accounts - phone number, mailing address, permanent address, etc. I called in to Citibank when I got the AA card and they sorted it out for me - but it was kind of a huge mess because they had to look at my other records and match them and there was probably some more security stuff etc.

You must have gotten a rep who didn't feel like going through the trouble. Try again! You might let them know that the information might be different on the two accounts.
Phone number does not have to be the same - I use my mobile on my new TYP card, and my parent's home number on my original student card as well as my current account, and all are linked on one online user name.
Old Aug 12, 12, 8:58 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Sorry to dredge up an old thread. I have a Citibank TYP card and recently received the new HHonors Reserve card. I tried to link the new card to my exusting account and have the same problem. Not knowing about this thread I called up citibank and the agent told me they hope (plan?) to have a single website for all cards by the end of the year (not 100% sure I heard him right).

I'm used to using the same userID for all my accounts. I hope I don't forget about this one!
You can have same password for different user ids.

All systems would only allow UNIQUE user id, however, none would prevent same password to pair with different user id. I try to keep same password for both mine and spousal accounts but with different user ids to distinguish the account ownerships. My solution for the HHonor card is to append HH to the existing user id so it is easy to remember. The password is the same as other citi account online log in.
Old Aug 12, 12, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Gold / Hertz 5* / GE/TSA-Pre✓
For what its worth, i have several citi accounts, and i have never successfully been able to get them to merge account.

Hilton Honors Visa Signature
Shell Fuel Card (Citi)
ExxonMobil Fuel Card (Citi)

Call cards have the same username and password, but all account online's work independently. Would be great to merge them. They all have different URL's to log in, never had an issue with confusion for which i'm logging into.
Old Aug 13, 12, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
You can have same password for different user ids.

All systems would only allow UNIQUE user id, however, none would prevent same password to pair with different user id. I try to keep same password for both mine and spousal accounts but with different user ids to distinguish the account ownerships. My solution for the HHonor card is to append HH to the existing user id so it is easy to remember. The password is the same as other citi account online log in.
I'm not worried about the password so much but the userID (and the fact that I have 2 different accounts). I was able to add a 2nd citicard account in Mint so at least I'll remember I have the other card.

I have no idea how people who churn their cards over and over keep track of them all!
Old Aug 13, 12, 10:23 pm
Fly book Evangelist

I'm not worried about the password so much but the userID (and the fact that I have 2 different accounts). I was able to add a 2nd citicard account in Mint so at least I'll remember I have the other card.

I have no idea how people who churn their cards over and over keep track of them all!
Have you heard about excel spreadsheet?
Old Aug 15, 12, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Have you heard about excel spreadsheet?
Yes, but I have not heard of excel for iPhone. In all seriousness, I would not rely on wifi security to protect my account details.
Old Aug 16, 12, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

Is Mint able to download the transactions from your HHonors Citi card account? It doesn't work for me.
Old Aug 16, 12, 3:18 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by 1200GS View Post
For what its worth, i have several citi accounts, and i have never successfully been able to get them to merge account.

Hilton Honors Visa Signature
Shell Fuel Card (Citi)
ExxonMobil Fuel Card (Citi)

Call cards have the same username and password, but all account online's work independently. Would be great to merge them. They all have different URL's to log in, never had an issue with confusion for which i'm logging into.
I just noticed this thread. I never have problem adding my citi card. They all show up under 1 login.
I have old citi diamond, citi TY premier, citi AA, citi hilton visa, and i just got citi hilton reserve.
They're all under 1 login. Was i just got lucky?
Old Aug 16, 12, 6:30 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomy77 View Post
I just noticed this thread. I never have problem adding my citi card. They all show up under 1 login.
I have old citi diamond, citi TY premier, citi AA, citi hilton visa, and i just got citi hilton reserve.
HHonor visa for many of us has to stay out of the family.

However some posters said if you have a Citi bank account, then everything can be under same log in.

I just notice Citi has changed the site set up. (frankly I like the old one than the new one). May be it finally brings everything together.
Old Aug 16, 12, 7:15 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomy77 View Post
Partly that, and partly that the Hilton cards are the only outliers. You don't seem to have Shell Fuel Card, or ExxonMobil Fuel Card, or (one of mine AT&T Universal Card in your collection.

It's never been a problem to combine certain types, but it has been a problem to combine other types (mostly ones branded primarily by the partner, with no prominent mention of Citi in the card name). So just because you have a mix of cards doesn't mean you have the "hardest" (to get working on one login) mix of cards by any means.
Old Aug 23, 12, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by iceman77_7 View Post
Is Mint able to download the transactions from your HHonors Citi card account? It doesn't work for me.
No it doesn't. I submitted a ticket to mint and received a response but haven't had a chance to do anything with it.
Old Aug 26, 12, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
I was told by a couple Citi CSRs that if you have a checking / savings account you can link all of the various Citi cards to them. Otherwise you can only link same branded cards ex AA can link both AMEX and VISA. Otherwise even though the login page is the same you have different logins. I currently have 3 separate accounts (AA, HH & TY) since I do not have a bank account with Citi.
Old Aug 27, 12, 2:00 am
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by isle-hawg View Post
I was told by a couple Citi CSRs that if you have a checking / savings account you can link all of the various Citi cards to them. Otherwise you can only link same branded cards ex AA can link both AMEX and VISA. Otherwise even though the login page is the same you have different logins. I currently have 3 separate accounts (AA, HH & TY) since I do not have a bank account with Citi.
AA and TY can be under the same userid even if you dont have banking relationship with Citi.

You can call Web Support to disable one userid and then you add the card to the active userid.

HHonor remains an outlier.

However it seems like Citi is changing its web site(s) in a rolling basis. My husband's account summary page changes to a new look however my account summary page remains the same old look. No idea what triggers that as neither of us has Citi bank account.
Old Aug 27, 12, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by iceman77_7 View Post
By the way, I got an email from mint today about the citi hilton reserve annual fee hitting my account so I checked and mint now has all the transactions.

┬ź Previous Thread | Next Thread ┬╗
Search this Thread