Etihad A380 seat map?

Old Dec 16, 14, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Etihad A380 seat map?

I am about to book my much delayed (due to illness) annual flight to the UK from Australia. I normally fly first on all sectors but have managed to get what I consider a 'good deal' with a mixed fare, first on long haul sectors MEL to AUH return and business on the shorter AUH to LHR return. This is fine by me, since EY have reduced the mileage allowance for first from 150 miles to 100 miles from LHR - ie the same distance for both first and business class tickets, added to that Etihad will not have a dedicated first lounge operating at AUH within my timeframe, leaving mid Jan, returning early Feb. If I am wrong about either of these points, do let me know!

But the reason for this post, on my return sector LHR - AUH in early Feb my business class ticket is on the A380, very exciting! My current seat is 16 K, the Etihad seating plan is woeful, but I did make a 'dummy booking' and the seat seems fine. My criteria for a seat is - well away from the loos, galley and any large 'passenger bar areas', have horror stories about being seated near the Virgin Upper Class bar a few years ago.

Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 22, 14, 1:58 pm
gkl

Programs: AB Topbonus Platinum, EY Silver, LH M&M FTL
I hope you are doing better
16K seems to be a reasonable choice, however 14K would be a bit more far from the lavatories and still far enough from the lounge. A and K-seats give you a very private experience on EY. I love them!

checkout the seatmap at Seatguru:
http://seatguru.com/airlines/Eti...irbus_A380.php
Old Dec 31, 14, 9:37 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
I flew on the EY A380 a few days ago and the lounge bar is very cozy. There is a curtain separating the lounge from business class (unlike the VS Upper Class bar which doesn't have any partition separating it from business class.)

I think your seat 16K is fine and the 14K one gkl suggested is fine as well. Just don't get any seat in the 8th row.

I looked at the Etihad seat map and I would have sat in row 22A/K as well but if there is a baby onboard, you'll most likely sit near them. I think your choice of 16K is fine.

Have a great time!
Old Dec 31, 14, 10:44 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by trigleek View Post
I flew on the EY A380 a few days ago and the lounge bar is very cozy. There is a curtain separating the lounge from business class (unlike the VS Upper Class bar which doesn't have any partition separating it from business class.)

I think your seat 16K is fine and the 14K one gkl suggested is fine as well. Just don't get any seat in the 8th row.

I looked at the Etihad seat map and I would have sat in row 22A/K as well but if there is a baby onboard, you'll most likely sit near them. I think your choice of 16K is fine.

Have a great time!

Does the bar area get busy, i am looking to book First Class and would like to sit in the bar area as its a day flight. How many seats are available and do 1st Class get priority over Business.

Thanks
Old Jan 1, 15, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by xcalx View Post
Does the bar area get busy, i am looking to book First Class and would like to sit in the bar area as its a day flight. How many seats are available and do 1st Class get priority over Business.

Thanks
I flew on EY11 (235am-635am) and the bar was empty 90% of the time since most people were sleeping.

If you're booking First class on the A380, you're better off just having lunch in your apartment where there is plenty of space.

There are only 6 seats in the bar/lounge area and you all share a round table. I don't think F gets any priority over J but the crew there will know who the F passengers are and will serve you the drinks/champagne served in F.

good luck!
Old Jan 1, 15, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Its been interesting to read the posts to my thread, thanks to all. My ticket is now confirmed and have seat 14A - different from my post 'cos I altered my dates by one day. Will post on my return to report on my thoughts.
Old Jan 1, 15, 6:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EY Gold
Just don't get any seat in the 8th row.
What are the drawbacks with row 8?
Old Jan 2, 15, 7:23 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Thumbs up

I flew on EY11 (235am-635am) and the bar was empty 90% of the time since most people were sleeping.

If you're booking First class on the A380, you're better off just having lunch in your apartment where there is plenty of space.

There are only 6 seats in the bar/lounge area and you all share a round table. I don't think F gets any priority over J but the crew there will know who the F passengers are and will serve you the drinks/champagne served in F.

good luck!
Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 15, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by darkside1957 View Post
What are the drawbacks with row 8?
SeatGuru http://seatguru.com/airlines/Eti...irbus_A380.php

Indicates that row 8 may be bothersome due to its proximity to the lounge area.

Last edited by xcalx; Jan 2, 15 at 7:27 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 3, 15, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by xcalx View Post
SeatGuru http://seatguru.com/airlines/Eti...irbus_A380.php

Indicates that row 8 may be bothersome due to its proximity to the lounge area.
I agree. There are curtains that separate the lounge from business class but that's it. The current A380 flight AUH-LHR is red-eye and if you're sleeping without wearing the sleeping maskin seat 8A or 8K, then you'll be awaken every 5 mins or so due to the movement from the lounge to the biz cabin.
Old Sep 22, 16, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD

Have a great time!
This bring up a great question at the right time for me. I have 2 tix in First Class on A380 and 3 Tix in Bus for my adult children. (EY #11 AUH-LHR)

During out flight is the lounge ONLY for First class and Residence or Business class can come as well? Would love to have a drink with the kids in the lounge but SeatGuru and other websites don't really explain who has access to the A380 lounge in flight.....anyone?
Old Sep 23, 16, 12:08 am

lounge will only be for first passengers. they will have to go to the premium lounge
Old Sep 23, 16, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by mike84k View Post
lounge will only be for first passengers. they will have to go to the premium lounge
Premium lounge? There are two on the plane???
I might be wrong but I believe you are talking about on the ground while I am speaking about in the Air (on board the A380)
Old Sep 23, 16, 2:49 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by tasnam View Post
This bring up a great question at the right time for me. I have 2 tix in First Class on A380 and 3 Tix in Bus for my adult children. (EY #11 AUH-LHR)

During out flight is the lounge ONLY for First class and Residence or Business class can come as well? Would love to have a drink with the kids in the lounge but SeatGuru and other websites don't really explain who has access to the A380 lounge in flight.....anyone?
Both F and J pax have access to the on-board lounge on the A380.
Old Sep 28, 16, 12:48 am

Programs: EY Platinum, QR, EK, EI
I normally fly AUH - LHR on EY 11 which leaves about 235a and returning on EY 18 leaving about 835p. In my more than 2 dozen flights on the A380 I've yet to see anyone using the lounge on board. When the A380 was first introduced I did sit there just to take a few photos as did a few others, but normally I see nobody using it.

Search this Thread