Boarding Pass in the App - Is that enough?

Old Oct 27, 15, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
Boarding Pass in the App - Is that enough?

I'm used to RyanAir so I feel like Frontier will be the same deal. With RyanAir if you show up at the airport without everything in order, you pay.

So this may be a dumb question but I can't get a clear answer on the Frontier website.

I have the Frontier Android App and it lets me check in. It's given me something that looks like a boarding pass with a QR Code.

Is that enough to get on the plane, or do I need a physical piece of paper? I'm guessing checking in at the airport will involve $$$

The Frontier site doesn't really mention e-boarding passes, and just mentions paper.

Also I'm not up for risking my backpack, so I'm taking a supermarket cotton bag as my personal item hehe
Old Oct 27, 15, 12:44 pm

Frontier on Twitter says it is enough, but one passenger reported being turned away by TSA since "Frontier doesn't do electronic tickets".

I also could not download the app on my older Android Phone. According to the Playstore it's only been downloaded 500 times.

To be safe I'd print out a paper BP until it can be confirmed that app works.
Old Oct 28, 15, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
OK I sent myself through as a guinea pig (also I couldnt find a printer).

Security/TSA check point was fine. It scanned the boarding pass on my phone like it would for any other airline.

However when I got to the gate, Frontier staff didn't seem too familiar with e-boarding passes (maybe noone uses them).

My phone wouldn't scan, so they typed in my seat number to the computer.

So it looks like it pretty much works. If I find a printer before I fly back, I may just print the boarding pass to be on the safe side
Old Oct 29, 15, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
@ PDX this past weekend, no issues at TSA and no issues at the gate -- the BP scanned just fine at both spots for this party of two. I have to say, it's about time to get a Frontier app. Strange the app doesn't link to your Early Returns profile. Now we need PreCheck...and wifi...
Old Nov 11, 15, 9:45 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by US @ DEN View Post
@ PDX this past weekend, no issues at TSA and no issues at the gate -- the BP scanned just fine at both spots for this party of two. I have to say, it's about time to get a Frontier app. Strange the app doesn't link to your Early Returns profile. Now we need PreCheck...and wifi...
I agree with that. They have to used wifi & pre-check, as well as e-boarding pass on IPhone.
Old Nov 13, 15, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL,UA,AA,F9,NK,B6
Originally Posted by galego View Post
I'm guessing checking in at the airport will involve $$$
No.

Search this Thread