Hertz Rental Levels explained

Old May 8, 06, 12:53 am
Fly book Evangelist

Thanks for all the information about 5* and PC. I have qualified for 5* in the past, but I never recall receiving any benefits. I hold Hertz in high esteem, but in the past few months, I have had a series of small problems. Irritations tend to be cumulative, as they say, so I have found the experience frustrating. From reading this thread, it turns out that others have had other poor experiences with Hertz. I can't imagine leaving the company, but I will check with them when I hit 40 rentals to ensure that I get the PC benefits.
Old May 14, 06, 12:28 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM, Marriott P
My experience has been similar. I had at least 20+ rentals and finally called Hertz directly and they said that yes I qualified for 5* and that I would receive info and a free day coupon etc. I received it about 4 months later. For the most part I've had good experiences with Hertz -- but I think an automotic program status would enhance their reputation at least in my book, otherwise, you wonder why you've been denied something that you would have got had you asked for it.
Old May 22, 06, 11:52 pm

Thumbs up Has Everyone Viewed Hertz Gold Levels

After reading all the previous posts, I found this page at Hertz:

https://hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...=globNav_5_3_5

Jason
Old May 23, 06, 6:49 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Gold, DL/UA/AS Elite
Originally Posted by safetymom
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Platinum - This program is invitation-only. It's who you are (or what you are) that gets you the invite, not your rental or spending history with Herz.
President's Circle - Earned after 40 rentals, spending $7000+, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a guaranteed one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium) and 25% extra ZE1 points per rental (if you so choose). You also receive a free rental day certificate after every fifteen rentals.
Five Star - Earned after 10 rentals, spending an indeterminate amount of money, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium and only if available). You also receive a free rental day certificate after every fifteen rentals.
I got a rental day certificate when making 5 star. It was good through premium class. I got an SUV in Tampa without a reservation, and they entered $92 something as the cost. Not bad for a freebie.
Old May 24, 06, 12:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
I just want to say thanks for all of the excellent advice on this forum. I just made 5* and didn't have to wait until next April after speaking to a great agent in OKC. Thanks to prashok for that little jewel!
Old Jun 1, 06, 5:26 pm

Programs: CO Gold (RIP UA), AA PLT (2MM), MR PLT
Mee too VIA emal and thanks flybook.bizmunity

I did a quick email and 24 hours later received; NOTICE BS ON PREVIOUS CALENDAR YEAR. THAT IS CRAP IMO.

Thank you for your May 30 e-mail. Your records have been reviewed and we have upgraded you to Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star. The current criterion to become a Five Star member is to have 10 to 39 Gold rentals during the previous calendar year. Normally the system upgrades everybody after the first of the year based upon the number of qualifying Gold rentals completed the previous calendar year (January - December).

A Five Star Gold card will be sent to you soon. It is not necessary to have the card to begin enjoying the benefits.

As a Five Star member, you'll appreciate benefits like one-car-class upgrades * (when available) at no additional charge and a free rental day certificate every 15th rental, beginning on the day of status upgrade. Plus, you'll continue to enjoy the speed and convenience of #1 Club Gold.

We are sure you'll enjoy the privileges that accompany your exclusive membership. Please feel free to contact us at 405-775-3180, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:45 PM Central Time.

Gold Customer Service
The Hertz Corporation
14501 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
Phone# 405-775-3180
Fax # 405-290-2200
pm
Old Jul 12, 06, 9:29 am

I've had a fairly interesting exchange with Hertz in Ireland over the last couple of weeks re promotion to Five Star. I'd completed by 10 rentals in 2006, and had e-mailed them to enquire whether they would be sending Five Star membership my way....

What followed was a protracted series of exchanges with Gold Cust Service, on whether or not I'd completed ten rentals (one of them was over new year, and Hertz Ireland were disputting the fact that this counted in 2006), right through to whether I was a Gold member or not.....................

Fortunately having pointed out that I'd be more than happy to walk my remaining 2006 rentals over to Avis or someone else, they finally saw sense - but only after about 15 e-mails on the topic
Old Aug 23, 06, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I never heard of 5*, then I browsed this thread.

Logged onto the Hertz site and found out that I am a 5* member. I have no idea how long (I do searches and only 3 listed, but most of my Hertz rentals are made through my corp travel agent).

I feel like I have been renting 10+ for years now, and I do not even recall getting a free day certificate. While I take responsibility for not understanding this program, I am a tad confused about how little I get as compared to my airline and hotel program counterparts.

Do I just chalk this up to my ineptitude?
Old Aug 24, 06, 4:36 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Originally Posted by mpetrik
I feel like I have been renting 10+ for years now, and I do not even recall getting a free day certificate. While I take responsibility for not understanding this program, I am a tad confused about how little I get as compared to my airline and hotel program counterparts.
The answer is probably buried in your question, the corp travel department. Often they have negotiated special terms in exchange for waiving incentives (such as bonus certificates).
Old Sep 20, 06, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred
Thanks for all of the excellent advice on this forum.

I just called Hertz and when the agent got on the phone I asked if I was "eligible" for 5*...... she said "Yes, and I will put that on your record 'now', also, you will receive a card mid October since we only send them out once a month. Furthermore, any reservations you make online will reflect your 5*"
Old Oct 6, 06, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by prashok
BTW, if anyone is looking for the phone number for Hertz CS in Oklahoma City, in order to have your 5* or PC membership "manually" updated (so you don't have to wait 'til next calendar year), I believe this is the number:

405-775-3180

Thanks for this - worked like a charm!!
Old Oct 16, 06, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2mm, Hertz Presidents Circle, HHonors Diamond
I know it's been said, but thanks so much for the OKC number. I have called at least 5 times this year to #1 Club gold requesting 5*, and consistently been turned down. (Suprising as I've got way over 40 rentals and $7k in.) Called the OKC number, and was moved directly to PC skipping 5*, and the represenatative couldn't have been nicer! Thanks again!
Old Oct 31, 06, 10:06 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: UA GS, 0.8MM
My new company has a national agreement with Hertz for free #1 Gold, etc. I'm looking forward to some serious benefits. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 31, 06, 10:25 pm

What if you take airline miles?

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
  • Platinum - This program is invitation-only. It's who you are (or what you are) that gets you the invite, not your rental or spending history with Herz. Your car is brought to you by the Station Manager and they drop you off at the terminal and then take the car back to the lot. Upgrades are automatic and usually to whatever you want that they have.
  • President's Circle - Earned after 40 rentals (US) / 20 rentals (CDN), spending $7000+, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a guaranteed one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium) and 25% extra ZE1 points per rental (if you so choose). You also receive a free rental day certificate after a certain number of rentals (seems to vary).
  • Five Star - Earned after 10 rentals (US), spending an indeterminate amount of money, or renting an indeterminate number of days. Earns you a one-class upgrade (with a maximum being Full Size to Premium and only if available). You also receive a free rental day certificate after a certain number of rentals (seems to vary).
What if you take airline miles when renting rather than Hertz program points? Does Hertz count these rentals towards the preferred frequent renter tiers described here or do they not count these types of rentals? Thank you.
Old Nov 20, 06, 5:14 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by bofc
What if you take airline miles when renting rather than Hertz program points? Does Hertz count these rentals towards the preferred frequent renter tiers described here or do they not count these types of rentals? Thank you.
Bump. I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.

Search this Thread