About Hilton Employee Passport

Old Oct 20, 10, 7:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I would be pissed but if you had the passport you could have argued until they called the US hotel and confirmed the validity of the passport. I def. wouldnt have pay the difference.
Old Oct 20, 10, 11:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gohan403 View Post
I would be pissed but if you had the passport you could have argued until they called the US hotel and confirmed the validity of the passport. I def. wouldnt have pay the difference.
You obviously did not understand that this was not the official Hilton document but a shjt of paper everybody could have produced.

I wonder, too, whether the relevant Hilton will see a new manager.
Old Oct 20, 10, 8:04 pm

Programs: HHonours
Hmm.

"Hilton Family Travel Program: All team members and their families are eligible for the Hilton Family Travel Program rate in all hotels. Team members are not required to be present at check-in. An Esprit/Hilton Club Card or a Hilton Family Travel Passport must be presented at check-in."

Well I went to check in to my hotel in Stockholm and they wouldn't accept it. They said it wasn't an 'official' passport card?
I called my sister and she asked her manager about it and he said it should work fine
Why didn't the manager in the US then call Slussen and speak to them, and assure them that he had 1) heard of the employee and 2) that she has a brother who is currently in-house at the hotel?
(Note: 'time differences' are not a reason - Stockholm is a full service hotel with duty and night managers.)

I just want to know if its worth calling the Hilton and dealing with trying to reserve anything again
Your sister needs to make the reservations on your behalf, and put her [email protected] email, her work phone number and her hotel name on the booking, so they can contact her hotel if they have any questions.
Old Oct 21, 10, 9:58 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Having read this I wonder if two things were done.

1. Did your sister MAKE the reservation? While I have not done this with Hilton I did years ago with another hotel chain. My friend, who I was traveling with, had the family connection but her father-in-law HAD to make the reservation.

2. Did your confirmation SHOW the Family rate? As I understand it, these are "Space avaialble" so if you were trying to "adjust" an existing reservation... probabably not going to work.

I am curious because of the "I set up the reservation" statement. If you made a normal reservation and thought you would just get the discount that might be the issue.

That said if you did it right, then the time to make the phone calls was while you were in Stockholm. (Or if you couldn't afford the hotel move... there are a LOT of cheaper options then American chains! )
Old Oct 22, 10, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hhonors
deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 5, 13 at 4:34 pm Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Oct 22, 10, 7:18 pm

Programs: HHonours
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard View Post
You're quoting T&Cs for the Hilton Family Travel Program. This reservation concerned the Team Member Travel Program.
You're right! I didn't read the OP carefully. I assumed that the sister had made a 'family' reservation, not a 'staff' reservation...
Well then.
Op, you used a rate you weren't entitled to, and got caught. Suck it up.
Old Oct 22, 10, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hhonors
deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 5, 13 at 4:33 pm Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 11, 13, 2:50 am

Hampton Employee

Hello,
I am a current Hampton employee. Hampton is owned by Hilton and has the same rules concerning the friends and family rate. Pasted below are the rules for the family member rate as taken off their website. According to the rules, a sibling is eligible for the friends and family rate whether traveling alone or with an employee. This rate varies by property and is higher than the employee rate. The hotel should have honored a friends and family rate, but a sibling is NOT eligible for the employee rate. which might have been the issue. Hope that helps.

2. Who can I bring?
Participation in the Team Member Travel Program is open to all immediate family members (defined as a team member's spouse, parents and/or any children) traveling with the team member. The team member must be present at check-in to use the Team Member Travel Program. The Hilton Family Travel Program is open to all immediate family members (as previously defined) and a team member's siblings, in-laws and grandparents, whether or not traveling with the team member. Rooms obtained for any other individuals will be subject to the hotel's prevailing rates.

Last edited by HamptonEmployee; Jan 11, 13 at 2:59 am Reason: Found more helpful info
Old Jan 11, 13, 10:21 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond

Last edited by shawntobi; Jan 11, 13 at 11:57 am
Old Jan 11, 13, 11:00 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
About Hilton Employee Passport

Wow! Interesting read. Thanks for reviving this 2-year-old thread :-D
Old Jan 11, 13, 9:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5.5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk, and thanks for the language / terms.

It does sound like the OP was attempting to use the Team Member (without checking in with a Team Member, who was back in the USA,) and was caught by the property. If the OP had been using the higher Family Rate, no problem.

Originally Posted by HamptonEmployee View Post
Hello,
I am a current Hampton employee. Hampton is owned by Hilton and has the same rules concerning the friends and family rate. Pasted below are the rules for the family member rate as taken off their website. According to the rules, a sibling is eligible for the friends and family rate whether traveling alone or with an employee. This rate varies by property and is higher than the employee rate. The hotel should have honored a friends and family rate, but a sibling is NOT eligible for the employee rate. which might have been the issue. Hope that helps.

2. Who can I bring?
Participation in the Team Member Travel Program is open to all immediate family members (defined as a team member's spouse, parents and/or any children) traveling with the team member. The team member must be present at check-in to use the Team Member Travel Program. The Hilton Family Travel Program is open to all immediate family members (as previously defined) and a team member's siblings, in-laws and grandparents, whether or not traveling with the team member. Rooms obtained for any other individuals will be subject to the hotel's prevailing rates.
Old Jan 23, 13, 2:12 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
A friend let me use her employee discount. I asked her repeatedly if this would get her in trouble and maybe I should look at the family rate instead, she insisted it was allowed and no problem. Maybe some managers don't relay the rules properly to their employees?

Anyway, I ended up using the employee discount at one of the hiltons/hamptons with my name on the passport card. It was reserved by her on the website. But I used my CC and my HHonors Number was actually automatically added to the room even if I wasn't awarded any points for the stay.

So I wouldnt accuse the OP of running a scam. Maybe they didn't know for sure.

In my case, the discount was helpful but it was not a windfall. I ended up saving 30 bucks. THe family rate would have been more expensive than the discounted sale HHonors was running.
Old May 24, 14, 11:22 am

Hilton Employee Passport International Use

Hey, I'm a Hilton Employee and I was curious about being able to get the employee discount in other countries?
I've used it within the states but I was trying to look at availability abroad and it always shows that rooms are unavailable, even if I book six months from now on like, a Tuesday night. I know I could ask managers but I don't have any set plans I was just curious. And I'm night audit so I don't really see managers to ask typically during my shift.

Thank you
Old May 24, 14, 12:10 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
I'm not sure this is the right forum. You should probably get that information from your manager instead...
Old May 24, 14, 1:50 pm
Fly book Evangelist

See this thread for some limited information:
http://flybook.biz/forum/hilto...assport-2.html
The advice given in the post above is good, you should be asking your manager about this.

Search this Thread