Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page > Am I the only one who has had it with Hampton's pillows

Am I the only one who has had it with Hampton's pillows

Old Oct 27, 15, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Am I the only one who has had it with Hampton's pillows

They are always too soft and flat by morning. I've mentioned it to staff but they aren't empowered to do anything. They only listen to people on social media these days. Maybe I need to figure out how to use this Twitter thing.

#HamptonSaggyPillows
#FlatByMorning
#Hamptonality
@HamptonByHilton
Old Oct 27, 15, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
There are usually two different types of pillows in Hampton Inn rooms. Two of them are feather and two are synthetic. The feather ones flatten out, but the synthetic ones do not.

All Hampton Inns are franchised. Of course the hotel itself can't do anything about it. Hilton tells the franchised hotels what to provide, so the hotel can only do what Hilton tells them to according to their standards.

As proof by the fact that we all have very different personal preference, I think that all Hampton Inn pillows are too fluffy for my liking.
Old Oct 27, 15, 6:14 pm

I presume you are checking the closets? They sometimes hide extras there, often of the different type that the previous poster mentions.
Old Oct 27, 15, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum; HH Diamond; National EE
I completely agree. Hamptons are the reason I travel with my pillow from home. I like a semi-firm but springy pillow that stays cool. Not memory foam, but similar to the foam found in an egg-crate mattress cover. I purchase them from a specific seller on Amazon and it's the only place I've found a suitable pillow.

Every single Hampton I've encountered has saggy, synthetic down pillows that offer zero support and sleep incredibly warm. They're also square, which means if I roll from my side to my back, I fall off the pillow. Regardless of corporate or franchise or private ownership, HI pillows are almost always the same.

I have no issues with the pillows at DTs, Hiltons, HGI's, W=As, etc.
Old Oct 27, 15, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I dont sleep in Hamptons that often, but the last two have had those synthetic pillows which not the most comfy. I have been at a few HGIs which have seem to eschew the feathers and go all synth and its not the same sleep experience.
Old Oct 28, 15, 5:50 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time US Silver, AA Gold
I like soft pillows.
Old Oct 28, 15, 8:12 am
Formerly known as scootr29

1st world problem
Old Oct 28, 15, 8:26 am

The UK ones always seem to go really flat, I've had to ask for new ones when staying more than one night in the past.

Another thing I have noticed, again in the UK is that the size of the pillows appear to be quite small in comparison to other Hilton brands.

Pillows can be quite a personal thing though. What I prefer the next poster would probably prefer the opposite.

Last edited by chrism20; Oct 28, 15 at 8:27 am Reason: Need to learn to spell properly!
Old Oct 28, 15, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by loomis View Post
There are usually two different types of pillows in Hampton Inn rooms. Two of them are feather and two are synthetic. The feather ones flatten out, but the synthetic ones do not.

All Hampton Inns are franchised. Of course the hotel itself can't do anything about it. Hilton tells the franchised hotels what to provide, so the hotel can only do what Hilton tells them to according to their standards.

As proof by the fact that we all have very different personal preference, I think that all Hampton Inn pillows are too fluffy for my liking.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Holiday Inn Express? They provide the 2+2. I haven't seen this at the hamptons. Yes - they are too fluffy. Those are the ones. Fluffy = too soft. No luck with the closets or the front desk.

I prefer the Holiday Inn Express system where they have two soft and two firm, with the pillow cases labeled.
Old Oct 28, 15, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pref ++, Nat EA Exec, Hertz PC
+1

My profile and requests are always "Foam pillows" - Hamptons (well, any Hilton brand really) just don't observe the requests. Like 0% in five years. I compare that to SPG (not opening the compare program can of worms) where many of my stays are met with an email in advance of the stay asking me about whether "they should remove all feather products from the room" or "would just adding foam pillows be ok"
Old Oct 28, 15, 12:08 pm

I love those Hampton pillows

Can anyone tell me where to get those pillows from? Thanks
Old Oct 28, 15, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by snoreaster View Post
Not sure if the Hampton ones are listed or not, if not you can always ask them.

https://hiltontohome.com/category.aspx?Bedding
Old Oct 28, 15, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20 View Post
Not sure if the Hampton ones are listed or not, if not you can always ask them.

https://hiltontohome.com/category.aspx?Bedding

Those are absolutely not Hampton pillows, they are for the Hiltons. Hampton pillows are stubby things. I actually rather like the Hilton Feather and Down pillow and in fact have purchased a few for my bed at home (from Pacific Coast pillow)
Old Oct 28, 15, 12:43 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by snoreaster View Post
See:
https://shophampton.com/
https://shophampton.com/productlist.aspx?pillows

Most Hamptons that I have been to offer two types of pillows that appear to fit the description above.

Search this Thread