Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page > Jet Airways Domestic Business Class - what to expect

Jet Airways Domestic Business Class - what to expect

Old Sep 18, 11, 4:10 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Jet Airways Domestic Business Class - what to expect

Hi all

I am making my first trip to India shortly and have a few internal flights booked in Jet Airways Business Class. As this is all completely new to me, I have some questions. I have searched around the forum but can't find out, so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

1) What is domestic business class like, in terms of service on the ground and the air? The seat? Is there a separate business check in at Delhi?

2) How long to allow for check in?

3) The flights between Delhi and Mumbai appear to be on 'Jet Konnect.' I assume that this is a LCC, but I am booked in business class. Do they actually have a business class? Is there any difference?

4) Overall any comparison to my usual airlines (BA and LH) would be massively useful

Thanks so much

Scrutton Street
Old Sep 18, 11, 4:44 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), EBD (*G), TK Elite (*G), BA Silver, 9W Silver
Try search, debated numerous times. Just too summarize below.

Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet View Post
Hi all

I am making my first trip to India shortly and have a few internal flights booked in Jet Airways Business Class. As this is all completely new to me, I have some questions. I have searched around the forum but can't find out, so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

1) What is domestic business class like, in terms of service on the ground and the air? The seat? Is there a separate business check in at Delhi?
ITS FANTASTIC, MUCH BETTER THAN ANY EUROPEAN LINE. HOT FOOD EVEN ON 1H FLIGHTS.

3) The flights between Delhi and Mumbai appear to be on 'Jet Konnect.' I assume that this is a LCC, but I am booked in business class. Do they actually have a business class? Is there any difference?
I THINK CONNECT IS PURE ECO.

4) Overall any comparison to my usual airlines (BA and LH) would be massively useful
UNCOMPARABLE (BETTER)

Thanks so much

Scrutton Street
Old Sep 18, 11, 5:46 am

Programs: BMI & BA
Hi all

If it's a JetLite flight then it's all economy. Take a look at the schedules, there are some routes which are served by a combination of JetLite and regular Jet flights. You may want to switch flights. As for pics of the Business Class seats and meals, take a look at the relevant section of my trip report, link below.

Trip Report to India. Jet Business Class (Domestic) and LX F, LH F, TG F
Old Sep 18, 11, 6:28 am

Programs: Who Cares, THEY don't !
There are 12-13 flights betw DEL & BOM by Jet Airways.

Jet Konnect is the LCC version - they have Business Class (better seats, Hot Meals etc) - as the aircrafts are switched betw both Full Service and LCC, the hard product is almost same.

The Cost difference is almost nil. For the days I just looked up, the fares are 200-500 INR higher in the full service version and I would suggest to book in full service, but if you could'nt - No big deal. Its a short flight, you will get lounge access etc.

Jet Lite is actually another airline (Air Sahara) which is bought by jet Airways., operated as all Economy LCC type.

the Service and experience will be lot better then European & American carriers.

Check here for a latest trip report by another FTer.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...remiere-class/

Last edited by Whizkid; Sep 18, 11 at 6:35 am Reason: added TR link
Old Sep 18, 11, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Cheers baggageinhall and whizkid for your replies. Its definitely Jet Konnect btw. Looking forward to trying it out.

Oh and thanks for pointing out the useful trip reports too

Last edited by ScruttonStreet; Sep 18, 11 at 12:27 pm
Old Sep 19, 11, 3:32 am
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hi all

other have already given some good advice but since my wife claims i spend more time in a month on jet airways flights than i do at home, i thought i'll chip in with my 2 bits....

service is very good....you have a seperate check-in area for business....the seat is very comfortable....i've found it to be much better than the seats on european & us airlines....

counters close an hour before the flight....you can check-in upto 3 hours before your flight in delhi....

jet konnect is a lcc but they have a small business class cabin, usually the first 2 rows of 4 seats each....in business there is no difference between a konnect & a regular jet flight....

can't comment on lh since i haven't flown them on short haul routes but jet is far superior to ba in pretty much every aspect....
Old Sep 19, 11, 6:57 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
jet konnect is a lcc but they have a small business class cabin, usually the first 2 rows of 4 seats each....in business there is no difference between a konnect & a regular jet flight....
Yes, but between DEL and BOM, Konnect has a standard 4 row biz class - just flew it today, BOM-DEL.

The 2 row a/c are usually flown BOM-MAA-BOM, CCU and the late night flight DEL-BOM - but they may be rotated as per Jet's convenience - and the service level is still the same - it's exactly the same as a normal biz product. (with the 4 row, BOM-DEL)

The 2 row product is the one with economy meals (hot) served in Konnect's (Biz?) cabin.

can't comment on lh since i haven't flown them on short haul routes but jet is far superior to ba in pretty much every aspect....
LH European biz used to be okay, but now that they have the NEK (new Euro cabin) configuration, it's supposed to be even more uncomfortable.

In any case, the food is usually miniscule on LH in biz and better in the back, imo, but barely edible in both cabins.

Therefore, Jet blows away LH completely.

I think that BA (Euro cabin) is more on the level (or superior to) Jet domestic, according to reports. (never flown it recently)
Old Sep 19, 11, 7:18 am
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Yes, but between DEL and BOM, Konnect has a standard 4 row biz class - just flew it today, BOM-DEL.

The 2 row a/c are usually flown BOM-MAA-BOM, CCU and the late night flight DEL-BOM - but they may be rotated as per Jet's convenience - and the service level is still the same - it's exactly the same as a normal biz product. (with the 4 row, BOM-DEL)

The 2 row product is the one with economy meals (hot) served in Konnect's (Biz?) cabin.
earlier this year i used to fly this route (del-bom) twice every week....my most recent flight was about a month ago....75% of the time they have 2 rows....
Old Sep 19, 11, 7:23 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
75% of the time they have 2 rows....
Yep, but this is one of the flights they just converted to Konnect some months ago - it's like they are not sure which way to go - they know that it would alienate biz pax to DEL who would then fly IT instead to get a proper biz cabin, so they only renamed the flight number, reduced the pricing - and that's all! (So far...)
Old Apr 5, 15, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta DM/2 Million Miler, United Platinum, AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Pretty impressed, looks like the meals are multi-course even on domestic flights. I know this thread is four years old, but I am trying to decide between $85 for domestic economy or $215 for domestic business. I have lounge access anyway thanks to Priority Pass so am debating if it is worth it. I have flown Jet Airways domestic economy and was impressed with the bottle of water and hot meal offered, albeit three people per row obviously.
Old Apr 6, 15, 1:15 am

Programs: Jet Plat, Vistara Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Taj IC Gold, Hilton Gold
What sector is this? For anything around 1-1.5 hours (Which I'm guessing it is looking at the fares you posted), economy is fine. You can check in online 24 hours before the flight and block yourself an emergency exit seat which should be very comfortable.
Old Apr 6, 15, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Anish View Post
What sector is this? For anything around 1-1.5 hours (Which I'm guessing it is looking at the fares you posted), economy is fine. You can check in online 24 hours before the flight and block yourself an emergency exit seat which should be very comfortable.
Second Anish - for domestic <2hours Biz is not worth the price difference. Log-in early enough to block a emergency row seat and you will have the same space as in Biz class.

Search this Thread