Go Back Fly book Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page > Same day, half-price tickets for Beatles Love Cirque show possible?
Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day, half-price tickets for Beatles Love Cirque show possible?

Reply

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Old Mar 6, 11, 7:14 am
#1
Thread Starter

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU - Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,271
Same day, half-price tickets for Beatles Love Cirque show possible?

I'll be in Vegas mid-May. Hate the idea of paying $100+ per ticket to see a show. Might be cool to see Love though. Do the same day, half price shops in Vegas ever have availability for the Beatles Love Cirque show at the Mirage? What are my best chances for finding that, e.g. mid-week? Are the same number of Cirque shows (generally speaking) scheduled year round no matter what the season? Wondering how that all works.

If Love doesn't typically appear at the half-price ticket shops, are there other Cirque shows that do? The one show I really wanted to see, and would have paid full price for, is Penn & Teller. As bad luck would have it, P&T are on vacation while I'm in town.

Any tips / strategies for saving money on Vegas shows? Do two-for-one coupons to Cirque, and other Big Name shows, ever appear in the coupon books you can pick-up at the airport / in Vegas? Or print online?
moretimeoffguy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 11, 11:14 am
#2
Fly book Evangelist

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Grazie Gold Lounge
Programs: UA-1K/MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Posts: 10,331
Monitor these sites for possible deals:
http://travelzoo.com/entertainment/las-vegas/
http://cirquedusoleil.com/en/sho...e/default.aspx

Or when in Vegas check for half-off tickets here:
http://tix4tonight.com/index.html
kingalien is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 11, 2:31 am
#3

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Worldwide
Programs: Quintissentially (Elite), Amex Cent, CO* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA Explat/CK (3mm+)
Posts: 305
Pardon me if this sounds rude, but you're in Las Vegas... A city where folks come with more expendable income than most other vacation destinations out there. Anything 'Cirque' isn't going to be cheap and LOVE is still doing gangbusters business, which means a half-priced ticket is not likely to happen.

If you want to see the show, pony up and enjoy. It's worth the ticket price and thankfully you're getting the original Beatles vocal (not like the crap that they're throwing at the audience at CityCenter's VIVA ELVIS).

I do suggest looking at Tix4Tonight when you get into town. Sign up for text message alerts on their website and they'll send you a free VIP line pass, as well as $5-8 off any show ticket.



BN
BenjaminNicholas is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 11, 11:23 am
#4

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 203
I've done the "half priced tickets" deal before and it isn't worth it. You spend 2-4 hours waiting in a line during your vacation for tickets that may or may not be there, and it's 50% off the retail price. You can often find discount codes online that will still save you a decent amount and allow you to actually do stuff during the day--if you book your tickets in advance. The tickets I purchased from them ended up being about the same price as a promotion they were having at the box office!

If the VIP line thing works and you can't find any discount promotions online, sounds like it might be worth a look.
SOhp101 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 11, 4:11 pm
#5
Thread Starter

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU - Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,271
Originally Posted by SOhp101 View Post
I've done the "half priced tickets" deal before and it isn't worth it. You spend 2-4 hours waiting in a line during your vacation for tickets that may or may not be there, and it's 50% off the retail price. You can often find discount codes online that will still save you a decent amount and allow you to actually do stuff during the day--if you book your tickets in advance. The tickets I purchased from them ended up being about the same price as a promotion they were having at the box office!

If the VIP line thing works and you can't find any discount promotions online, sounds like it might be worth a look.
Thanks KA, BN and SO. The money saved certainly wouldn't be worth 2-4 hours of vacation time burned. Will check for codes / deals before I get into town. Makes sense.

Last edited by moretimeoffguy; Mar 7, 11 at 7:07 pm
moretimeoffguy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 11, 5:24 pm
#6

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 203
OK well 4 hours is probably an exaggeration but I know I waited approx 90 minutes, approx 2.5 hours from the moment I began standing in the ticket line and actually had the tickets in my hand. Note you don't actually receive the tickets but a voucher that you must redeem at the box office. IIRC you can't wait till just an hour before the show to redeem it either. The tickets that I ended up purchasing, while they were nice seats, were not ones I would have purchased at full price so it resulted in virtually no discount from my wallet's perspective.

Look out for deals every week--I'm sure there will be some 25% off deal somewhere when your trip is closer. There are holiday promotional tickets on the mirage website but unfortunately those end at the end of March.
SOhp101 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 11, 9:55 pm
#7

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LAS
Posts: 220
Keep your eyes on the Vegas Forum prior to your arrival. There is usually somekind of discount available. I wil post any offers from Cirque/MGM Resorts as they come online. Or if you decide you want to pay full price drop me a PM and I will hook you up with the best seats in the house.

All Cirque shows do 10 performances a week throughout the year except for Believe which does 8 a week.

Mid week is not really possible at Love as Tuesday and Wednesday are our days off.

Last edited by RoboBR; Mar 7, 11 at 10:09 pm
RoboBR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 11, 5:21 pm
#8

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Worldwide
Programs: Quintissentially (Elite), Amex Cent, CO* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA Explat/CK (3mm+)
Posts: 305
There's no reason to wait in line. A little research always solves that. Revisit my initial response.

Sign up for text message alerts at Tix4Tonight's website and they'll immediately send you VIP line passes, as well as $4-8 off a ticket.
When I use a discounter, I'm only in line 10 minutes max. In and out.



BN
BenjaminNicholas is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 11, 8:50 pm
#9

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Shaker Heights, OH
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
There's no reason to wait in line. A little research always solves that. Revisit my initial response.

Sign up for text message alerts at Tix4Tonight's website and they'll immediately send you VIP line passes, as well as $4-8 off a ticket.
When I use a discounter, I'm only in line 10 minutes max. In and out.
BN
Are you sure they still offer this for signing up for texts? I don't see any reference to that deal on their website. (I see where you can sign up for text alerts, but nothing about a free VIP line pass.)
Quaker325 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 11, 10:43 am
#10

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Worldwide
Programs: Quintissentially (Elite), Amex Cent, CO* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA Explat/CK (3mm+)
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by Quaker325 View Post
Are you sure they still offer this for signing up for texts? I don't see any reference to that deal on their website. (I see where you can sign up for text alerts, but nothing about a free VIP line pass.)
Yes, I'm sure. This info is coming from a Vegas vet who's on the strip at least twice a month. Just sign up. They'll send you one.




BN
BenjaminNicholas is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 11, 1:40 pm
#11

Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,102
Tix4Tonight doesn't sell every show for half price. A show like Love, if available, is more likely to be 25% off. Other deals are likely to be just as good..
lewisc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 11, 2:10 pm
#12

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
Become a member (free) on the Cirque Du Soleil site

Sign up and you'll be eligible for special offers. There's currently a 25% off
($81 per ticket). Not the best locations (the worst seats actually) but I've never been disappointed with a terrible seat for any Cirque shows (Ka, Mystere, Ovo). I'm looking to see Love with my family in July.

I agree that Love (and other top Cirque shows like 'O') will rarely be sold by Tix4Tonight lower than $100 per ticket.
FriscoDad is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 5:12 pm
#13
Thread Starter

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU - Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,271
Originally Posted by FriscoDad View Post
Sign up and you'll be eligible for special offers. There's currently a 25% off
($81 per ticket). Not the best locations (the worst seats actually) but I've never been disappointed with a terrible seat for any Cirque shows (Ka, Mystere, Ovo). I'm looking to see Love with my family in July.

I agree that Love (and other top Cirque shows like 'O') will rarely be sold by Tix4Tonight lower than $100 per ticket.
Thanks FriscoDad. Sign-up where? I don't have a text plan so I don't do text messaging. Is there an email sign-up?

I too have read there are no "bad seats" in the Love theater. At least one reviewer said she even preferred the cheaper, higher-up seats due to a better view, if that makes any sense.

On TicketMaster, why am I seeing "limited view" tickets at a higher price than the lowest ticket price? For the particular night I'm looking at, which isn't actually being advertised as being discounted, I see the two lowest ticket tiers as:

Adult - Limited View US $102.85
Adult - US $75.90

What's likely to be the difference between the above two?
moretimeoffguy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 11, 9:42 pm
#14

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LAS
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy View Post
Thanks FriscoDad. Sign-up where? I don't have a text plan so I don't do text messaging. Is there an email sign-up?

I too have read there are no "bad seats" in the Love theater. At least one reviewer said she even preferred the cheaper, higher-up seats due to a better view, if that makes any sense.

On TicketMaster, why am I seeing "limited view" tickets at a higher price than the lowest ticket price? For the particular night I'm looking at, which isn't actually being advertised as being discounted, I see the two lowest ticket tiers as:

Adult - Limited View US $102.85
Adult - US $75.90

What's likely to be the difference between the above two?
THe limited view seats are on the lower level and therefore slightly closer to the stage. They are only very slightly limited view. The $75 seats are in the last rows couple of rows in the balcony. Still very good seats in my opinion. As has been stated by others there really is no bad seats in the Love theatre.
RoboBR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 11, 4:36 am
#15
Thread Starter

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RDU - Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,271
Originally Posted by RoboBR View Post
THe limited view seats are on the lower level and therefore slightly closer to the stage. They are only very slightly limited view. The $75 seats are in the last rows couple of rows in the balcony. Still very good seats in my opinion. As has been stated by others there really is no bad seats in the Love theatre.
Thanks Robo. And FriscoDad, I looked closer and saw your subject tag line about signing up with the Cirque Club on Cirque's web site.

Here's the link:

http://cirquedusoleil.com/en/cir...b/default.aspx
moretimeoffguy is offline
Reply With Quote



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:48 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by flybook.biz. Copyright 2017 flybook.biz. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.