Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page > Marriott Friends and Family Voucher question...

Marriott Friends and Family Voucher question...

Old Jun 7, 14, 8:32 pm

Hello everyone! I frequent your forum here quite often but have just now joined. Tons of very useful information! That being said, I have a friend that works for Marriott. She has provided me with a voucher or "Room Rate Discount Authorization Form" to use for discounted room rates during my upcoming travels. She emailed me the completed form and told me to just print out the number of copies needed and everything would be good to go. However, on the form it reads "The original authorization form must be presented and surrendered at the front desk at time of check-in." I asked her about this and she said to not worry about it. She has worked there for quite some time so I assume she knows what she's doing but I thought I would check to see if anyone here had any knowledge as to whether or not I may encounter problems at check-in. I mean...how would they know if the voucher was an original or copy anyway???
Old Jun 7, 14, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold

My dad worked for Marriott for years. I used those friends and family vouchers all the time. You do need the original. They won't take photo copies.
Old Jun 7, 14, 8:50 pm

I would assume that I would but she says that this (email and print) is how all of her friends and family have received their discounts. I hate to keep second guessing her but don't want to end up in an awkward situation upon check-in. Is there a visible difference between the original and a copy? If so, what could it be?
Old Jun 7, 14, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold

If it's a color print, there's probably no way to tell. I had tried a black and white copy once and they wouldn't take it.
Old Jun 7, 14, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I never had an issue with a property taking a black and white copy. Not all of us have color printers, so they can't expect everyone to have colored copies.

My friend sends me PDFs of the file and I just print them out whenever I need them.
Old Jun 7, 14, 9:25 pm

I was planning on printing the vouchers in color, just as the PDF is. Thank you guys VERY much for the info! I can rest a little easier now. Oh, one more question and I will quit pestering you guys....she sent me one voucher and said that I can just make 3 copies and use each at the motels that I will be visiting on my vacation. As far as I can tell, there is no number on the voucher that would identify it individually. Meaning...I assume that she is correct? Well..as long as I use it before the given 60 days is up.
Old Jun 7, 14, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/2MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I just print several copies of the pdf (on my color printer) and put then in my bag for when I travel. I just pull out one of the copies and have never had a problem. There is no serial number or anything - they are all the same.
Old Jun 7, 14, 11:39 pm

Programs: CX DM
U shouldn't have a problem
Most of the time u just need to print it out
Old Jun 8, 14, 7:40 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United 1K, MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
I have been using the emailed black and white forms for over 2 years at maybe 10+
properties, and have never had a problem
Old Jun 8, 14, 8:01 am
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhiloBeddoe2 View Post
I asked her about this and she said to not worry about it. She has worked there for quite some time so I assume she knows what she's doing but I thought I would check to see if anyone here...
You don't trust your friend's professional advice and need reassurance from anonymous IBB posters?
Old Jun 8, 14, 9:43 am

Haha! Well, as I said, I guess I just needed some reassurance. As much as I am sure my friends info is correct, it conflicted with what was on the voucher itself. Obviously, that was cause for concern. I figured if others had experience using these vouchers then why not inquire. Thank you guys SO much for your help! Greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 18, 14, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
I worked at front desk for ritz Carlton, the PDF printed copy is more than enough. I have given them to dozens of people without a problem
Old Jun 18, 14, 10:59 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by prelude410 View Post
I worked at front desk for ritz Carlton, the PDF printed copy is more than enough. I have given them to dozens of people without a problem
If you wish to PM me with a PDF for my future stays at Marriott properties and how to use it I would be appreciative.
Old Jun 19, 14, 6:24 am
Fly book Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by RooseveltL View Post
If you wish to PM me with a PDF for my future stays at Marriott properties and how to use it I would be appreciative.
I'm assuming since you're reaching out in a public forum for the forms that PRELUDE410 isn't a friend of yours (but I could be wrong) and want to say this is against the SOP and remember the forms are traceable these days
Old Jun 22, 14, 1:53 pm

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
the friends&family forms (or "room rate discount authorization form") used to be printed paper. An associate would go to human resources (or other designated department) and pick up a form for their friends or family who wanted to use the discounted rate. they then had to post the form to their friends so that they could present the original upon checkin.

the forms are now no longer on printed paper, but are available on the associates HR portal on Marriott's intranet. they fill in the info needed (Jane Smith is my friend) and the system generates a pdf.

the rate rules when you book are not always as updated, though. So you might meet the old "original form must be presented - no copies or faxes" on the rate rules. Just ignore it. a printed pdf in black/white is more than good enough...

Search this Thread