Go Back Fly book Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page > How to go to Enterprise Car rental at JFK Terminal 4 with 4 large bags?

How to go to Enterprise Car rental at JFK Terminal 4 with 4 large bags?

Old Nov 15, 12, 7:29 am
Original Poster

How to go to Enterprise Car rental at JFK Terminal 4 with 4 large bags?

I am arriving from FRA at terminal 4 with 4 large bags. I need to carry this to Enterprise car rental. I believe I need to take Air Tran.

Can I take trolley into Airtran? If no, what are my alternatives.

Which stop should I get down for my car rental?

thanks
Old Nov 15, 12, 8:59 am

Their sites says luggage carts are allowed on AirTrain, so you'll likely have to rent one from a machine, meaning you will need American coins. "Airport luggage carts are allowed on AirTrain, but they are not meant to be put on escalators"

Don't take offers of help from anyone else as there are no official porters and they may rob you.

Here's more on the service: http://panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airtrain.html

You want to get off at Federal Circle Station.
Old Nov 15, 12, 9:14 am
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 4MM; AGR Select+
Originally Posted by PlateMan View Post
Don't take offers of help from anyone else as there are no official porters and they may rob you.
Old Nov 15, 12, 9:27 am
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 4MM; AGR Select+
Originally Posted by s6656 View Post
I am arriving from FRA at terminal 4 with 4 large bags. I need to carry this to Enterprise car rental. I believe I need to take Air Tran.

Can I take trolley into Airtran? If no, what are my alternatives.

Which stop should I get down for my car rental?

thanks
You can take a cart on the AirTrain. The machines that dispense the carts take credit cards, so US cash is not necessary. Take either the train destined for Jamaica Station or the train destined to Howard Beach station (the only train you do not want to take is the "all terminals" train, which simply circles the passenger terminals) and get off at Federal Circle, where all of the rental car companies are located.
Old Nov 18, 12, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
The Enterprise office is the furthest away from the AirTrain station.

If you are a couple I would seriously suggest investing in 2 carts as it will be very hard to load 4 bags on one cart if at all possible and then you have a long walk through the streets to the office.

You could try calling them directly and ask if the have some type of pickup service.

If you are there during a rain or snow fall it will be very very difficult
Old Nov 18, 12, 1:05 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Originally Posted by badatz View Post
The Enterprise office is the furthest away from the AirTrain station.

If you are a couple I would seriously suggest investing in 2 carts as it will be very hard to load 4 bags on one cart if at all possible and then you have a long walk through the streets to the office.

You could try calling them directly and ask if the have some type of pickup service.

If you are there during a rain or snow fall it will be very very difficult
If the OP is traveling with someone else and not alone, I would suggest that 1 person goes alone to get the car and then drives back to T1 and picks up the other person and the bags, alot easier then dragging everything on teh AT and then walking to Enterprise
Old Nov 19, 12, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies

I am traveling with my 15yrs son. How far is the enterprise rental from federal station?
Old Nov 20, 12, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by s6656 View Post
Thanks for all the replies

I am traveling with my 15yrs son. How far is the enterprise rental from federal station?
It looks like a 5 to 10 minute walk.
Old Nov 20, 12, 10:30 am
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Another option, of course, is just to pay for a taxi from the terminal to the Enterprise office.
Old Nov 20, 12, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Another option, of course, is just to pay for a taxi from the terminal to the Enterprise office.
True it is an option, but you have never felt the scorn and "hate" of a taxi driver at JFK who has waited in the holding pen for hours to get a fare and then gets one who goes within the airport for a few bucks.

I once had the misfortune of taking a cab to Lawrence which is just outside the airport and will never forget the driver or the ride. I have ordered car service ever since then
Old Nov 20, 12, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by badatz View Post
True it is an option, but you have never felt the scorn and "hate" of a taxi driver at JFK who has waited in the holding pen for hours to get a fare and then gets one who goes within the airport for a few bucks.

I once had the misfortune of taking a cab to Lawrence which is just outside the airport and will never forget the driver or the ride. I have ordered car service ever since then
If they're taking you within Queens (and especially within the airport) I believe the dispatcher should give them a "shorty" ticket that let's them cut the queue when they return to the airport.

Technically Lawrence doesn't qualify for a "shorty" since it's over the line in Nassau, but the one time I took a taxi from JFK to Lawrence I could see my driver was unhappy so I helped him convince the dispatcher to give him a shorty. It took the edge off immediately.
Old Nov 20, 12, 4:20 pm
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA
I've been hearing news about the shortage of rental cars in the NYC area, due to SANDY (lots of cars were washed away). The OP should double check that a car is, indeed, available.

Search this Thread