ace rent a car - fort lauderdale airport

Old Sep 17, 12, 9:06 pm

ace rent a car - fort lauderdale airport

I am wondering if anyone has experience with ace rent a car, especially at fort lauderdale airport. Read real bad reviews and am wondering if I should change.

But then not sure since I read bad reviews about enterprise and hertz there as well.

Apparently all the cars are offisite from the airport and one has to wait 30 mins sometimes to get to the rental location where all the car rental companies are.

I asked a question earlier but didn't get a spefiic response so wondering about ace rent a car in general. Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 12, 1:33 pm

This may be a little late to help you, but may be of help to others.

I used this ACE location in Fort Lauderdale.

It is off site. However they have a van that picks you up at stop #7 which is curbside. I had to ask someone where ACE stopped because it wasn't posted.

Once we arrived at the location, we had to wait about 20 minutes and we were second in line. They had one person handling rental contracts and the line kept growing. I could see some of those in line waiting up to 45 minutes.

This could just be my fault, but I've never had to provide my insurance policy number and expiration date. Usually I just give them the name of the insurance company. They made me call and get this information. I asked the lay if I'd just made it up, it wouldn't have really mattered and she laughed and said yes.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate them about a 6.5. Cheap rates, reliable shuttle van, and a fair to poor selection of cars. They also try to get you to purchase an EZ-PASS trasnponder for the vehicle.

Search this Thread