EZ Rent a Car in Orlando. Anyone dealt with them?

Old Mar 20, 09, 12:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage and Delta Skymiles
EZ Rent a Car in Orlando. Anyone dealt with them?

Trying to get some feedback (good or bad) from anyone who has rented from these guys at MCO. I will be going down there next month, and I'm trying to decide between EZ and Enterprise. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 20, 09, 4:11 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If the prices are anywhere close, choose Enterprise.

EZ is likely to throw some sort of curveball at you.
Old Mar 20, 09, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
If the prices are anywhere close, choose Enterprise.

EZ is likely to throw some sort of curveball at you.
Looks like E-Z is the cheaper bet for a 2 week rental (mid-size vehicle). Wonder what the catch is?
Old Mar 21, 09, 9:44 am

This is probably a mom-and-pop operation, with used cars and perhaps mileage restrictions. These are not necessarily bad things, if the car meets your needs.
Old Mar 26, 09, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
This is probably a mom-and-pop operation, with used cars and perhaps mileage restrictions. These are not necessarily bad things, if the car meets your needs.
Nope, actually E-Z is a fairly large operation (mainly covering the southern US and Puerto Rico). I went ahead and booked with them instead of Enterprise. For a mid-size vehicle for 2 weeks, E-Z's price was $629.76 and Enterprise was almost $700. E-Z has unlimited mileage provided I keep the vehicle within the state it was rented in (which won't be a problem).
Old Mar 29, 09, 12:29 pm

Programs: aa, onepass, skymiles
E-Z car rental, FLL

A bit off-topic, but I just reserved an E-Z Rental in FLL for end of April.
Price was a bit cheaper than others, esp with their 10% discount for joining their (Free) club, pls an additional 5% cashback froim FatWallet.

Also, Expedia says this is the only car rental company at FLL that actually has cars in Terminal 1, the rental building. All the others (at least, according to Expedia), take you on a shuttle off-site to actually pick up the car. This is nice, since our SWA flight arrives right at Terminal 1, so it should just be a short walk from baggage claim to ourcar, avoiding having wait for a the shuttle to get to the car rental building.

I also noteiced that SWA and Expedia offer rentals from E-Z, so (hopefully) they are not too bad of a co.

If anybody has any experience with them, I'd appreciate hearing.
Scott

PS I noticed in their rental terms that you have to show proof of Liability & Collision insurance if you want to wait their optional insurances. I plan to bring a letter from my ins. co. as proof. This may be the "gotcha" if they really enforce this requirement, forcing you to buy their insurance if you can't prove coverage to their satisfaction.
Old Apr 12, 09, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by scottsd View Post
PS I noticed in their rental terms that you have to show proof of Liability & Collision insurance if you want to wait their optional insurances. I plan to bring a letter from my ins. co. as proof. This may be the "gotcha" if they really enforce this requirement, forcing you to buy their insurance if you can't prove coverage to their satisfaction.
Yes, by all means don't forget your insurance cards and a letter from your agent. After making my reservations online, I actually called E-Z and checked on the specific insurance requirements. I was told a letter would certainly eliminate confusion and prevent any hassles.
Old Apr 13, 09, 8:32 am

Also, Expedia says this is the only car rental company at FLL that actually has cars in Terminal 1, the rental building. All the others (at least, according to Expedia), take you on a shuttle off-site to actually pick up the car. This is nice, since our SWA flight arrives right at Terminal 1, so it should just be a short walk from baggage claim to ourcar, avoiding having wait for a the shuttle to get to the car rental building.
I believe all companies on-site at FLL are in the garage. Terminal 1 is within walking distance. Terminals 2, 3, and 4 are serviced by a shared shuttle. It's not rental company specific.
Old Apr 18, 09, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Advantage Starwood
Arrow Their service is okay

Originally Posted by tony732 View Post
Trying to get some feedback (good or bad) from anyone who has rented from these guys at MCO. I will be going down there next month, and I'm trying to decide between EZ and Enterprise. Thanks in advance.
We rent cars a few times a year at MCO airport in Orlando. I've used EZ on one occasion and it worked fine. The one thing I do remember is that they tried to offer an upgrade to different class of vehicle. They offered once, I said "No thank you". They kept dropping the price till I said yes. I felt like I was on "Lets Make a Deal".

Kevin
Old Apr 20, 09, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by FertilityDoc View Post
We rent cars a few times a year at MCO airport in Orlando. I've used EZ on one occasion and it worked fine. The one thing I do remember is that they tried to offer an upgrade to different class of vehicle. They offered once, I said "No thank you". They kept dropping the price till I said yes. I felt like I was on "Lets Make a Deal".

Kevin
Well, got into MCO yesterday evening and encountered no problems. In and out within 10 minutes. Service rep at the counter was very courteous, and didn't try to hustle me for an upgrade (thank goodness!). For anyone using this company I do highly recommend that you bring a letter from your insurance agent stating that your regular coverage will transfer over to a rental...it will save you lots of time.
Old May 12, 09, 2:19 pm

A bit off-topic, but I just reserved an E-Z Rental in FLL for end of April.

If anybody has any experience with them, I'd appreciate hearing.
Scott
I used E-Z in FLL last August. No problem. I always decline LDW and don't remember any issue.
Old Aug 7, 10, 12:30 am

Thumbs down Ez rental is dishonest and will leave you stranded even if you have reservation

E-Z Rent-A-Car After travelling for 9 hours across the country we arrived at the EZ Rent a Car in Atlanta to pick up up our car at 11 pm to find a very rude "manager" named Marcus, tell myself, wife and 2 and 4 year old that he proudly rented the last full size car (that we had reserved months earlier) and that all he had was compact cars. He said good luck and continued to be rude. So we were left to try and find a replacement rental car company very late at night.

I would stay far away from this shady company in my opinion it is not worth saving the $10 or $20 to deal with a terrible company like that.
Old Mar 19, 12, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Any recent experiences with EZ at MCO? I'm looking for a minivan for a week this spring. The price difference is staggering, even after applying a handful of free days to my National rental, making me consider taking a chance with EZ. But I will say going away from my trusty National does make me nervous, especially when I'll have the wife and three kids along for the ride.
Old Mar 19, 12, 1:03 pm

Two observations (which have nothing to do with E-Z):
1. OP quotes prices that appear high. e.g. I rented at $152/week from Enterprise Colonial Dr. last July. And the way I compared Orlando prices was just opening Priceline listings (there are many websites doing same: carrentals.com, aarp, costco, etc)
2. Phil just said "spring"; but if he specified dates, I could judge whether AVIS or Budget $159/week SUV might be available
Old Sep 3, 13, 2:07 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Hello FT'ers, I will be in LA for only about 12 hours, and will need a rental car. I was checking on EZ Rent-a-car, and found them to be significantly cheaper, than the others. For example, their Intermediate was a $37.10 (with the 5% student discount) while for Budget, for the same category, it was $64.10. It's almost $30 more. I don't mind paying a little more to rent a car from a reputed company, but it's almost double the price.

I did have a few questions, before I go ahead an book the car on ez rent-a-car website:

1. Did anybody rent from them, from LAX? If yes, do you have to take a shuttle to ez's parking lot, or is it in a terminal?

2. Is the condition of the car they provide, really bad? I did read a couple of reviews from yelp regarding this, and I'm really skeptical in taking a car from them now.

3. Apart from the price they mention on the website, do you have to buy mandatory insurances, collision waivers, etc. from them?

Any other info that you might want to add, you are very welcome to do so!

Thanks in advance, FTers, for your help!

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Sep 3, 13 at 2:47 am Reason: Update

Search this Thread