Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page > Spirit Airlines - alternatives to printing boarding pass?

Spirit Airlines - alternatives to printing boarding pass?

Old Sep 16, 16, 2:31 pm

Spirit Airlines - alternatives to printing boarding pass?

So I know that Spirit charges you for printing your boarding pass at the airport, but it's free doing it yourself at home less than 24hrs before your flight. I am going to fly Spirit soon on a round trip ticket.

On the outbound flight, there's no issue. I'm already at home with access to a printer and can print my boarding pass.

However, on the return, it's a hassle. I don't have access to a printer and the time at my destination is going to be packed, so I have little time to go somewhere to print my boarding pass. As far as I know, Spirit doesn't have a mobile app, so no mobile boarding pass option.

Is there any other way to get your boarding pass FOR FREE?
Old Sep 16, 16, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Sure. Airport kiosk. Google it.
Old Sep 21, 16, 9:30 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: Frontier elite, EY gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, AA/UA once gold now dirt.
Thanks to expectations set by other airlines and complaints from people like me, they've decided at least for now that customers would get upset if charged for printing a boarding pass from a kiosk. The whole point of the kiosks was to save on the need for human labor, and when customers help with that they get charged?

I'll often end up printing the boarding passes from a FedEx Office while on the road. Sometimes the hotel has a terminal set up for that (or a business center), but at my price level most times not. If you wait and haven't popped for a seat assignment you probably get to sit in the middle if you check in at the airport.

Last edited by RustyC; Sep 21, 16 at 9:38 pm
Old Sep 23, 16, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by RustyC View Post
I'll often end up printing the boarding passes from a FedEx Office while on the road. Sometimes the hotel has a terminal set up for that (or a business center), but at my price level most times not. If you wait and haven't popped for a seat assignment you probably get to sit in the middle if you check in at the airport.
Often the front desk will print a boarding pass if you ask or if you have the ability (there are apps for that) fax it to yourself at the hotel or send a PDF to the Hotel email and ask them to print it out for you. Sometimes TSA can't read faxes or PDFs.

Search this Thread