Transfer: Delta TO SPG?

Old Aug 3, 14, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Transfer: Delta TO SPG?

Is it possible to go from Delta Miles to SPG points?

I know SPG to Delta can be done, what about the reverse?
Old Aug 3, 14, 12:28 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by CDSEA View Post
Is it possible to go from Delta Miles to SPG points?

I know SPG to Delta can be done, what about the reverse?
No. Nothing could be transferred to SPG
Old Aug 3, 14, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1 MM/ LTG, CX GO, US CP, SPG Platinum Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
No. Nothing could be transferred to SPG
Not true - AMEX MR to SPG. I'm sure there are other options also.
Old Aug 3, 14, 5:48 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by GullwingSL View Post
Not true - AMEX MR to SPG. I'm sure there are other options also.
I meant airlines. No exchange to Spg
Old Aug 4, 14, 12:46 am

Programs: *S(TK),OWR(AY), MR/SPG(Gold), AS MVP, WS Silver, A3, BA, AP
You can earn SPG points if you fly Delta. However you will need to be Gold or Platinum with SPG to get points.
Old Dec 26, 14, 11:39 pm
Fly book Evangelist

Programs: T.A.
Bummer ... I have about 13k orphan miles on my DL account that I don't know what to do with..
Old Dec 27, 14, 12:35 am

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz, IHG Pt (MC), Hyatt Discoverist (BiB,) HHonors Ag (Amex,) *wood, Marriott Ag.
Guy Betsy, on Jan. 1 DL will allow one-way bookings, so 12,500 SkyPesos will get a one-way domestic US/ Canada award ticket!
Old Dec 27, 14, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Although I can't think of any way to convert SkyMiles to Starpoints, can't you convert AAdvantage miles to Diner Club points and turn those into Starpoints? Obviously at a poor transfer ratio, but still possible, no?
Old Dec 27, 14, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by dtwdoc View Post
Although I can't think of any way to convert SkyMiles to Starpoints, can't you convert AAdvantage miles to Diner Club points and turn those into Starpoints? Obviously at a poor transfer ratio, but still possible, no?
Yes, if you are willing to go indirect route, pretty much any airlines which allows transfer out can be transferred to Starwood.

You can transfer AA to SPG via DC at ratio of 10:3 plus fees. You can transfer HA to SPG via Hilton/AA/DC at ratio of 50:3 plus fees. There are many more. Even DL can be transfer out via points.com from time to time. You will end up with a small fraction of your miles with huge fees but it is possible.

Note: all those indirect transfers go via DC which only works if you have an existing Diners Club account. DC doesn't take new applications, at least for US residents.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 27, 14 at 2:28 pm
Old Dec 27, 14, 4:02 pm
A Fly book Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Bummer ... I have about 13k orphan miles on my DL account that I don't know what to do with..
You can earn additional miles from SPG stays if you're elite enough.
Old Feb 2, 15, 12:56 pm
2018 Fly book Awards

Programs: SPG Platinum Member, UA Premier 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Platinum Member Marriott
Delta skymiles to spg

The points can be used to book rooms at some SPG properties and other hotels.
Old Feb 2, 15, 1:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Originally Posted by breakthrough37 View Post
The points can be used to book rooms at some SPG properties and other hotels.
Never thought about this. Does anyone know what type of redemption you get? Also, would these bookings count towards status?
Old Feb 2, 15, 1:54 pm
2018 Fly book Awards

Programs: SPG Platinum Member, UA Premier 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Platinum Member Marriott
Delta skymiles to spg

Originally Posted by dtwdoc View Post
Never thought about this. Does anyone know what type of redemption you get? Also, would these bookings count towards status?
I was looking to book a SPG in Tahiti. No SPG property listed three other good hotels listed. El Paso, Texas Marriott and many other hotels from Super 8 to El Camino. The required points are listed for each hotel. You will have to check with SPG so see if the night count as a stay.
Old Feb 2, 15, 9:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
My case is even worse, I got 27k orphan miles on DL, unfortunately I start staying with SPG after my DL GOLD expiry. I'm in Asia and I usually fly DL from HKG-NRT, now they removed that flight permanently (after that I got my SPG GOLD, already nothing to do with the crossover, what the.....)
Old Feb 2, 15, 9:45 pm
2018 Fly book Awards

Delta TO SPG

Originally Posted by fakeman View Post
My case is even worse, I got 27k orphan miles on DL, unfortunately I start staying with SPG after my DL GOLD expiry. I'm in Asia and I usually fly DL from HKG-NRT, now they removed that flight permanently (after that I got my SPG GOLD, already nothing to do with the crossover, what the.....)
You might try one of their code sharing partner. You can check the fare codes on their partner to make sure you will earn miles on Delta.