Go Back Fly book Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page > List of United's Airport Lost&Found contact points

List of United's Airport Lost&Found contact points

Old May 16, 09, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
List of United's Airport Lost&Found contact points

As many others have, I recently found myself at my final destination with one item less in my pockets. I have no idea where it fell out, but remember having it at when I departed the first airport.

In the case of leaving items on board, or in other UA cleaned areas, items will make their way (hopefully!) to the United Lost and Found department for the given airport.

I noticed a lack of consolidated contact information for these departments, so I thought we could start a list!

-----------

For finding lost items, it helps if you have an idea of where you may have left it. There are basically 3 entities who could encounter your item, so it's helpful if you've an idea where it might be.

1) UA Airport Lost & Found
For items left on a plane, in the RCC, or in any location otherwise maintained by UA. For flights, it's typically the arrival airport - however some flights may not get a proper cleaning when they are trying to send it back out as quickly as possible.

2) Airport Police Lost & Found
For items left in the concourse, baggage areas, etc..

3) TSA Lost & Found
For items left at security checkpoints.

-----------
For both the contact phone numbers and email addresses on the list, the idea is generally the same: leave a detailed message along with your contact information. If the item is discovered, they will contact you. If in contacting this points, you find that the information has changed or had additional information (procedure, hours of operation, email address, etc..), please leave a comment.

BOS
(617)634-7549
[email protected]

BKK
+6621346139440

FRA
+49-69-6950635

IAD
(703)572-7481
[email protected]

JFK
718-632-1399
7a-4p daily

LAX
310-342-9509
6a-6p daily

LGA
(718)476-3696

LHR
+44(203)276-6850
+44(203)276-6851

NRT
+81-476-32-7026

ORD
[email protected]

SFO
(650)634-1525
[email protected]

-----------

Although not UA related, here's a convenient link to the TSA lost and found contact points in airports accross the USA.
http://tsa.gov/travelers/custome...rial_1693.shtm

Last edited by superEGO; Jun 15, 09 at 12:16 am Reason: Update and clarification
Old May 16, 09, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
This is actually really useful. I think it should be incorporated into the sticky at the top.

I lost something on my flight this week, and am not holding out hope of ever seeing it again. But I'll try.
Old May 17, 09, 12:16 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, 0.9M
Originally Posted by hobo13 View Post
This is actually really useful. I think it should be incorporated into the sticky at the top.

I lost something on my flight this week, and am not holding out hope of ever seeing it again. But I'll try.
I lost something on ORD-LAX that has little monetary value but SIGNIFICANT emotional value. I tried desperately to get it back and the agents were trying hard as well. No luck.

I realized I left it in the seat pocket just a few hours after the flight. The plane had taken off to Hawaii by that point. Either the cleaners or the next passenger took it.
Old May 17, 09, 6:18 am

Programs: UA 1P
Thanks for the timely information. Just got off a SFO-IAD redeye, and didn't realize I left my ebook reader in my seat. It took half an hour to realize this, but when I went back, the GA went about aboard to check but couldn't find it. A call to the lost+found didn't yield anything either. oh well.
Old May 18, 09, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Anecdotal experience here... 1K desk just transfered me to the 1K lost luggage service, who even though they understood it was for an item NOT checked, set up a ticket and gave me the contact information I needed.

I do not know what purpose the ticket will serve.... unless they are going to call the airports, tsa, and airport police on my behalf. Ill update if that's the case.
Old Apr 27, 11, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Can someone tell me where the physical UA lost & found office is at SFO? I left something on a plane last week and I'll be there tomorrow, so I figured I could stop by and check.

Search this Thread